New from North Carolina

JohnnyFog

I'm new to the vaping scene. I'm a smoker who smokes about 1 to 1.5 packs of cigarettes per day. I want to give them up completely and move to vaping, which has been mostly successful so far.

My initial problem with moving completely to vapor was the 'stuff' I bought to start the process. Not knowing anything, I started out with the blu e-cigs, which just didn't work for me for some reason. I couldn't seem to get enough out of them to make me not feel like I needed the real thing. About a week later, I stopped in a local tobacco/smoke shop and talked to the guy behind the counter who turns out to be the owner. He sold me a device called the SmokeStik Ultra. It seemed to be a lot better than the blu e-cigs and I thought I was going to be happy with it. I teetered back and forth between that and real cigarettes for two weeks or so and still could never really get solid with the SmokeStik. I needed a replacement coil for the SmokeStik, so I paid that shop another visit. He sold me some coils that were not the right size. They caused the SmokeStik to get juice in the coils and stopped it up. I went back and he didn't have the proper replacement coils. He took a couple out of new SmokeStiks and gave them to me. That little experience made me feel uncomfortable doing business with that place.

As I was trying to figure out exactly what needed to happen next, I stopped in a REAL smoke shop in Savannah, GA while I was on the road during my vacation last week and talked to the girl behind the counter. I explained to her my issues to that point and told her I needed something that was going to work for me and have any replacement supplies I might need readily available. She sold me an Eleaf iStick and an Aspire Nautilus Mini tank. She told me I should be able to get replacement coils for that tank at about any 'real' smoke shop that sells this type of gear. She asked me where I lived and she looked up a place in my home town that would have what I needed. I was a happy camper after trying this combo. I left the store and headed on down to Florida where my girlfriend and I hopped a cruise ship for the weekend to Nassau. I smoked my last regular cigarette in the parking lot at the port and tossed the rest in the trash on Thursday. I haven't had a regular cigarette since then.

I was so happy with the performance of this combo and satisfied with how well it was working for me that I stopped back by that shop in Savannah on my way home and bought another combo just like it so I could have two.

My next set of goals is to work down the nicotine concentration levels and eventually get to zero. I'm currently enjoying the 18mg Suicide Bunny "Sucker Punch" and the Khali "Devil's Punchbowl" liquids. I'm hoping to work myself down to 12mg over the next month or so and then step down again...

We'll see how it goes :)

Sounds like you got yourself a winning combo in the Eleaf iStick and Nautilus. Those two are very good together. Don't try to go down in nic too fast, give yourself time to let your body heal from the cigarettes you used to smoke. Trying to cut the nic too fast could have negative consequences like going back to analogs. We have a good bunch of members here who are very helpful. You could also find it's a pretty neat hobby once you get used to all the sheer amount of "stuff" that goes with vaping.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Welcome! It sounds like you have made quick progress on the learning curve of beginning to vape. Already seen the need, and purchased a backup was absolutely the right thing to do! Congrats on great start to your journey. Having a trusted local Vape shop is fantastic. You may find that online prices may be better for many items. Let us know if we can help with anything.