Did I screw up buying this?

jasonculp

I have really wanted to jump into RTA's. I have read everything I have been able to get my hands on. I ended up buying a Billow by EHPRO&EcigCity.

http://www.eciggity.com/billow-rta-by-ehpro-eciggity/

There are so many to choose from! I originally was looking at the Russians and Kayfun, but read they have a tight draw compared to many of the newer designed RTA's (I understand they are all made off of a similar design)

It was a toss up between the Billow, Lemo, Orchid, Fogger, and Erlkonigin. I really can't tell you why I ended up picking the one I did, I just did. I am sure if it is something I enjoy I will own most if not all of them...lol

What do y'all think?

I hadn't heard of these before, Let us know how it works when it arrives... I'd be interested in a good review :)

I like the all-glass design, and the method of "holding it together" seems like a good solution to prevent leakage.

I will definitely do a review. I have been doing a lot of reading, the only complaint I have found so far was the fact that it has a 1-piece chimney. They say your wicks can be moved off of the channels when you tighten it down.

I am excited to learn and know nothing about RTA's. I have my drippers down pretty good, but wicking isn't nearly as critical.

Now the wait until it arrives.....

It has a nice, clean form factor. I'm interested in hearing how you like it too. :)

The only problem now (even though I may not get it until after the holidays) I am itching for a higher wattage, bigger box mod. I know it is just an excuse... It will run fine on my MPV, my mechanicals, or possibly even my tiny iStick, although it will look funny....

ive been hesitant on the ipv3 or the sigelei...

i know for a fact that its going to be overkill... but....well who needs a sportscar when the roads only let you hit 100 right?

i just cant seem to decide on which one... or if i go for unregulated or something i have no idea... but im feeling a box mod too.. haha kindof funny how you bruahgt that up!

have you decided which one?

I have been going back and forth on the 100 watt sigelei and the ipv3. I like the dual 18650's. 100 watt is so much of an overkill it is crazy.

This has led me to start looking into the 50 watt mods. I like the sigeli, and the ipv's. I have even considered a cloupor, or a hanna clone.

Then there is the Vapor Shark....

I don't know.

I really can't justify it, but I really, really want one.

I also have just read about this RTA. It seems pretty good and from the reviews so far seem to point that it is a great RTA. One thing that sort of threw me off (not much) was the fact that it has a one piece chimney rather than a two piece like the kayfun, fogger etc. I'm also interested to see your review on this and if that one piece chimney makes any difference or not.

Good luck.

I'm interested in the one-piece chimney too... as far as how it affects wicking your coils properly? I know the two-piece design of the kayfun/Russian makes wicking extremely easy, as you can get the wick the way you want it on the deck....

I hope it works ok! I watched a 48 minute video about it on YouTube. I think I can do it.

I am not sure though. I was a little board tonight so I made a few feet of dual twisted 28ga. I made a dual coil setup to go on my 454 big block. By the time I got it finished, I had nearly pulled my hair out. I normally don't get so frustrated, but tonight I did! On the bright side, it's vaping awesome...lol

I know this is an older topic, but I have a Kayfun 3.1 clone (I think that's it) and (here's a big edit)

at first I thought it was too airy, but my SO looked at it again, and he hadn't adjusted the airflow as far down as it could go - it was all the way open. Some people drill bigger air holes in the regular Kayfun, my B&M shop tells me, but the 3.1 has adjustable airflow, and I think we've got it just about right on mine now after a couple of minutes of fiddling with it tonight. (I kid you not, it sat in a cup on my desk, unused for a week because it was too airy and I wanted to try to figure out if I could tighten the draw up more since I didn't want to just trash an RBA that I had bought and paid for because NOW I find out it's too airy....so I'm glad we figured it out.)

Edited by spydre

I know this is an older topic, but I have a Kayfun 3.1 clone (I think that's it) and while the draw is a bit adjustable, I find the draw, well, airy. It MAY be what you are looking for, draw wise, but it may be too airy. So far, to get it to draw how I like it, I generally have to partially block one of the holes with my finger when I'm drawing on it, which isn't too comfortable, and still, for me, gets it at either too tight or too airy. I wonder if there is any way to get a tighter draw off these? I'd hate to have spent this money on the RBA, and then end up not using it because it's too airy.

I finally got it in and built it today. I put a more RDA type setup in it. It has a .4 ohm dual coil twisted 28 gauge build in it. It is hitting just like an RDA. I love the airflow, except it whistles. I can set the IPV on 30 watts and fill up a room in nothing flat.

This really wasn't my plans for this rig. I have some tiger wire and coils on the way and hope to get it down in the 1.5 ohm range and vape my ADV in it instead of the dripping juice that I am using in it. I may build it again tonight, but I am a little scared to run the higher PG juice in it. The reading I have been doing says this tank can be a leaker.

Yeah, so my SO has told me. I wasn't looking for something that I would have to make sure that I couldn't lay down, because, let's face it, I'm a klutz, and even when I was using my VTR or my MVP, if it was standing, I'd knock it down. And I did get just a tiny bit of leakage in the area where you adjust the airflow, evidently. So I guess when I go to bed, or when I leave the house, I switch the Kayfun 3.1 out for ProTank holding the same juice, since I leave my APV lying down on my bedside table to grab when I get up for any reason. If I put something on my table to stand it up, I would literally end up knocking it over in the dark.

I can see it being a leaker every now and then.the coils are pretty low on the deck.....with that said....id still buy it!

lookin forward to your updates.

I hope you are right. I have been following some other threads on the web and many people are having problems with them. This is my first RTA so I really don't know what to expect. I have not even ran a tank through it yet. I need to go recoil it to use my normal juice through it. I may do it in a bit.