Returning to my vape after 7 months

AmericanWoman

Hi everyone!

I'm not exactly new to vaping... although I seem to have forgotten most of what I knew. Bought my first ego a couple of years ago. Worked great for me. Due to a lot of personal stress last May I started smoking and laid my vape down.

Now I'm ready to resume and WoW I can't believe how much things have changed!! Prices have gone up quite a bit also... or is it just me?

I bought a new Kanger Mini Protank II last week. Long story short is my coils seems to be burning out at an alarming rate. Bought a new one yesterday and it's been popping and cracking after about the first couple of hours. I read that Kanger is made in China. Are these inferior?

Last atomizer I used I bought at FreedomSmoke and it had a long wick type of coil. Forgive me if I get the jargon wrong.. I'm not as young as I'd like to think.

Anyhow I'm very frustrated that I've gone through 2 coils in a week. I used to get a couple of months out of the other type I used but I don't see them anywhere.

I'm not sure I'm up for rebuilding? I just need a coil that will work with the atomizer I have for maximum duration.

Hope this makes sense. It took me forever to even decide on a forum. They're everywhere!!

Thank you in advance.

You don't mention what kind of battery you have or the resistance of coils you're using. The PG/VG ratio of your juice might also be a culprit to burning out your coils. Can you give us a bit more info so we can help you?

Duh.. I'm not even sure. I still have the original batteries that came with my kit eco kit.

I had some old juice I used ... bought some fresh yesterday which is 70/30??

The coils are whatever was in the mini protank II box. I've read and re-read the paperwork inside the box and I don't see where it mentions what type they are.

Sorry to appear so ignorant but honestly things seem to have gotten much more complicated than they were even 7 months ago.

Or else I'm age _ ing fast : )

I should mention I went back to the shop a couple of hours after I bought the juice yesterday because I was having problems getting any "hits" and also having the crackling sound.

They said it was my coil and replaced it. It worked fine for a few hours. It never occured to me it was the coil because I had just put a new one in a few days ago.

Thanks for answering me ; )

Is your battery variable voltage? Does it have a bottom that you can twist to adjust power? If not, it's probably a standard 3.7 volts. From what I could find out, a KPT2 mini comes with 2.5 ohm coils. Those would not be a good fit for only 3.7 volts. 2.5 ohms would perform better with higher voltage depending on the kind of juice you're using.

70/30 would probably indicate 70PG/30VG. Most often (but not always), the first number is for PG, the second for VG. The combo you have, if it's PG/VG, would mean the juice is thinner, PG is a great flavor carrier, VG produces vapor and makes the juice thicker, doesn't wick as well as thinner juice.

Hardware is changing very quickly these days. I can see how it would be a little mind boggling coming back in after seven months. :)

Can you put up a picture of our battery? That might help...

Even if it's not a variable voltage battery it's still a good one... for a back up. It would be best used with something like a Kanger Pro Tank 2 or 3 mini with a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil. My personal preference is the 1.8 ohms. That's pretty universal for all kinds of juices. 1.5 ohms gives off too hot a vape for me but your preference could be different.

A variable voltage battery like the Vision Spinner or Spinner II is a very simple device that's a great workhorse. It allows you to turn up the voltage to adjust for whatever resistance your coil has and/or for certain juices. Fruit juices generally prefer a lower heat like at 3.3 - 3.7 volts. Coffees and bakery flavors prefer a higher voltage like 3.8 - 4.0 or higher on a 1.8 ohm coil.

Generally, you start at the lowest setting, vape. If it doesn't do it for you, turn it up a little, vape. Keep repeating that until you get a slight burnt taste. Turn it down a bit and you've found your sweet spot for that juice. :)

Here's a link to a post I made not too long ago with links to where you can get it. The Vapor Talk store that drives this forum is wonderful and has only genuine brand names, no knock offs, and the lowest prices for gear on nearly all things vapor related. Some things are slightly higher but you won't find many.

And no. I don't work for the store. I'm just a very satisfied repeat customer. Great customer service as well. :)

Oh, and for juice? Compenstine is the owner and juice mixer extraordinaire! Fadora has some of the very best tasting juices I've ever vaped. Comp will make sure your juice is just how you want it and will answer questions until the cows come home. Currently, he's having a couple of hiccups in internet but he should be back to full throttle within a few days. :)

:animier:

That looks like a eGo-C or eGo-T at around 650 mAh. It's a nice little workhorse but it's also a one trick pony. If you can afford it, I'd go with a variable voltage like the Spinner line. You can't go wrong with those!

Despite all the mech mods and APVs in my arsenal, my go-to that I use every day are my Spinners and Spinner IIs. My Provari mini doesn't even get the same workout. :D

Even if it's not a variable voltage battery it's still a good one... for a back up. It would be best used with something like a Kanger Pro Tank 2 or 3 mini with a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil. My personal preference is the 1.8 ohms. That's pretty universal for all kinds of juices. 1.5 ohms gives off too hot a vape for me but your preference could be different.

A variable voltage battery like the Vision Spinner or Spinner II is a very simple device that's a great workhorse. It allows you to turn up the voltage to adjust for whatever resistance your coil has and/or for certain juices. Fruit juices generally prefer a lower heat like at 3.3 - 3.7 volts. Coffees and bakery flavors prefer a higher voltage like 3.8 - 4.0 or higher on a 1.8 ohm coil.

Generally, you start at the lowest setting, vape. If it doesn't do it for you, turn it up a little, vape. Keep repeating that until you get a slight burnt taste. Turn it down a bit and you've found your sweet spot for that juice. :)

Here's a link to a post I made not too long ago with links to where you can get it. The Vapor Talk store that drives this forum is wonderful and has only genuine brand names, no knock offs, and the lowest prices for gear on nearly all things vapor related. Some things are slightly higher but you won't find many.

And no. I don't work for the store. I'm just a very satisfied repeat customer. Great customer service as well. :)

Oh boy.. different settings for different flavors? My brain is on overload.. ATM :dizzy:

It's really not that bad. Once you have a vv batt in your hand you'll see how easy it is to dial in the right voltage for the flavor in your tank. All it takes is a simple little twist. That's the beauty of vv batteries like the Spinner or the eGo Twist. The Twist is a great battery too. I just can't see the settings well because they're etched into the silver. The Spinner has clear numbers that are easy on my old eyes. :)

:animier:

That looks like a eGo-C or eGo-T at around 650 mAh. It's a nice little workhorse but it's also a one trick pony. If you can afford it, I'd go with a variable voltage like the Spinner line. You can't go wrong with those!

Despite all the mech mods and APVs in my arsenal, my go-to that I use every day are my Spinners and Spinner IIs. My Provari mini doesn't even get the same workout. :D

You really know your stuff!! I'll have to calculate the price out. Divorced last January and unfortunately I do have to count my pennies :crybaby: My niece manages a shop downstate from me. She used to send me samples at her discount.. I might call and she if she carries this.

It's really not that bad. Once you have a vv batt in your hand you'll see how easy it is to dial in the right voltage for the flavor in your tank. All it takes is a simple little twist. That's the beauty of vv batteries like the Spinner or the eGo Twist. The Twist is a great battery too. I just can't see the settings well because they're etched into the silver. The Spinner has clear numbers that are easy on my old eyes. :)

I hear ya with the eyes lol

You really know your stuff!! I'll have to calculate the price out. Divorced last January and unfortunately I do have to count my pennies :crybaby: My niece manages a shop downstate from me. She used to send me samples at her discount.. I might call and she if she carries this.

Nah, you'll get edjoomakated too. Just hang around the forum and read, it kinda grows on you after awhile. There are others on the forum who are more experienced than I am, but I'm good for the basics. :)