First kit, new at vaping

guinaoum1

I'm new at vaping and i just bought my first kit
- Vamo V5
- Sansung Icr18650 3,7v 2800mah 28a
- Aspire Nautilus + extra coils
- Nitecore Charger
- 50/50 Eliquid

My first question here is about the battery, is 1x18650 good enough or should i go with 2x1350? If 18650 is enough, is my samsung a good battery? Does anyone know a good website to buy eliquid(international)? Vaping +80VG on nautilus would give me problems?
I like those big clouds of smoke, i'm sure i wont get them right away since they require a more sofisticated equipment like RDAs but this should be a start....
anything else i should buy or have in hand?

I have no clue, but sounds good to me

IDK i am new to this but I think a good solid basic setup is as good vap wise, anything more seems like egovape. but maybe ya just want bomber clouds

I have no clue though, new to the whole vape thing

good luck

Your 18650 is just fine for using in a Vamo and a Nautilus. I would steer you away from stacking batteries, no matter how careful you are with two 18350s, it's too much of a risk for something to go horribly wrong, IMO.

80VG might be a little too thick for the Nautilus. The more VG, the thicker the juice, the faster it gunks up coils, wicks much slower so you might get more dry hits. My 50/50 juices fog up my home office with my Nautilus mini, but I'm also using the vertical single coil (these will also work in the full sized Nautilus).

You say, "...those big clouds of smoke..." That's the beauty of vaping. No smoke! Just beautiful, white vapor. No second hand smoke to deal with. :)

Welcome to Vapor Talk.

I'll chime in on the battery, and say... Buy a couple more 18650's and at least one eGo-style backup :) Nothing is worse than waiting for one to charge while you have nothing to vape :cry:

One thing we like to beat people with here is BACKUPS :)... and backups for your backups!! :D Spare batteries, spare eGo's (static or variable voltage), spare tanks, spare everything... because you never know when you'll break something, have hardware failure, coil failure, battery won't charge, etc. etc.

I know you're just starting out, but investing $10 on an eGo-T and $15-20 on a couple more 18650's... and having a spare tank (or two) with spare coils may just save your sanity one day!

If you have a Nautilus, getting a Nautilus mini is a good choice, because they both can use the same BVC coils :) Keeping up with only one brand/style of coil is always cheaper. I've had my Nautilus for only a couple days now, and been using Kanger single and dual-coils for over 6-months. Now I have 3 coil-types to keep up with :( But, I must say, KPT2 and AeroTanks have served me well, and I find little difference between my AeroTank and my Nautilus, with slightly more robust flavor from the Nautilus (mostly based on the chimney design - more like Kayfun/Russian), but I can buy two AeroTanks for the price of one Nautilus (and the coils are <$1 each, compared to $3 Aspire coils).

There is a ton of info, basic, and more in-depth in the cloud-chaser sub-threads... pros and cons of different devices, coil-building, wicking, juices, and above all else... SAFETY when dealing with an RBA/RDA and Mech MOD!

Now I have 3 coil-types to keep up with :(

You did know that you can use KPT single coils in the KPT3 and Aerotanks, right? I do this all the time with no problems. Got a few rebuilt KPT coils with micro tiger coils around 1.5 - 1.8 ohm from Comp at Fadora Vapor. They work better than the dual coils in the tanks mentioned previously. See? One coil fits...lots. :D

You did know that you can use KPT single coils in the KPT3 and Aerotanks, right? I do this all the time with no problems. Got a few rebuilt KPT coils with micro tiger coils around 1.5 - 1.8 ohm from Comp at Fadora Vapor. They work better than the dual coils in the tanks mentioned previously. See? One coil fits...lots. :D

Yep, I tried using a single-coil in my AeroTank... wasn't impressed with the function, nor was I disappointed in it either, but yes, it did work!

Then again, I bought in bulk for single and dual-coils several months ago, so I'm set for using the correct coil for at least another year (or two), before I even have to think about rebuilding the heads :)

I was mostly trying to point out for a noobie, that your second and/or third tank purchases should be the same tank, or at least a tank style that will use the same coils so you don't have that initial cost of keeping up with two VERY different coils... such as Kanger and Aspire... unless of course you are not liking the first tank you bought and want to change brand/style....

As someone that has a Nautilus, I can second what Tam said about too thick of juice. I've found that if the vg is too high, not only does it gunk up your coil, but because it takes longer for the wick to absorb the liquid, you tend to burn the coils much quicker which makes everything taste nasty...

50/50 works great. And my preferred juice mix is 60/40 pg/vg, works like a dream.

I haven't used my Nautilus tanks since I've gotten my Russian 91%. Sounds like you got a solid set-up though.

i was thinking about getting a russian 91%, can i make it work on the vamo or will i need a mech mod?

I find it a bit hard to understand dripping and rba on VV.

i was thinking about getting a russian 91%, can i make it work on the vamo or will i need a mech mod?

I find it a bit hard to understand dripping and rba on VV.

Just make sure you build coils that are 1.2 ohm and above and you are golden to use it on a VAMO. :)

Just make sure you build coils that are 1.2 ohm and above and you are golden to use it on a VAMO. :)

^^ This ^^

I use my Russians on my MVP, as well as Mech MODs, and I find that my preferred coils are 1.4-1.6 Ohms (at 3.9-4.1V) on that platform, for the juices I vape. sure, you can run a Russian (or similar RTA) into the sub-ohm levels (and would require a Mech Mod), but nothing says you HAVE to sub-ohm them... and I think their flavors are better in the 1.5 Ohm range... but that's just my opinion :)

Edited by Earthling789

^^ This ^^

I use my Russians on my MVP, as well as Mech MODs, and I find that my preferred coils are 1.4-1.6 Ohms (at 3.9-4.1V) on that platform, for the juices I vape. sure, you can run a Russian (or similar RTA) into the sub-ohm levels (and would require a Mech Mod), but nothing says you HAVE to sub-ohm them... and I think their flavors are better in the 1.5 Ohm range... but that's just my opinion :)

Ty guys!

I'll prob grab one or two rbas and maybe a 30w device, just to go a little higher...

^^ This ^^

A mech mod is not really a requirement for a sub ohm build, but any regulated device will need the ability to power it at the sub ohm level you choose. In other words, it will likely be an apv (higher end) type. With a little info and basic skills you should be able to use rba's without a problem on your vamo or other similar devices.