Anybody ever do this?

I did a bad thing. I sat my ecig on the counter beside the kitchen sink......which had water in it....and you guessed it, knocked it in the water. I grabbed it right away but I guess it fried my new purple vision spinner 2 because now the light won't light up at all. I put it on charge to see what it would do, it shows its fully charged, I take it back off of the charger and still won't come on. It was only a week old. I am so upset with myself!

Dc

Did you let it air dry for a few days after? I would set it vertically upside down and let it air dry first. See if that helps. Bcarter has dropped several in a lake and he says they still work after drying them out. Just a thought.

Turn it upside down overnight in a glass of rice, just dry rice. I have dropped my Spinner 1s in the lake AND the ocean multiple times and came out fine after doing this. The rice will draw the moisture out of the smallest of openings.

I have not done this with a Spinner 2 yet. I keel 5 Spinnner 1300 mah on my boat now because they work with a lanyard and those are what I take to the beach as well. I keep my Spinner 2s for daily use at home and work they do not go to the lake. My wife is too vain to wear a lanyard so hers go but without a lanyard the ones she dropped in the lake are now on the bottom.

Quick story about one. I had a 1300mah spinner on a lanyard around my neck and took it off for a second at the beach and a football knocked it out of my hand in about 3 feet of water and in my drunken state I couldnt find it. The tide was going out and I was walking about an hour later and saw about an inch of my lanyard dangling in the surf. I pulled the battery and tank out and put the battery in a glass of rice and the next day I used it all day and it may still be going now. I had 4 black ones and have only had 1 Spinner die on me in almost 2 years. I suspect that may be the one but they are tough as nails.

I do think the Spinner 2s are a little more fragile it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

And you can still find the original 1300mah spinners for around $20 which are awesome as well....

Lately I'm intrigued by the new Tesla 2000mah twist. It's about 20% fatter than a Spinner II and a few millimeters longer .........but bigger is better, right? :)

Lately I'm intrigued by the new Tesla 2000mah twist. It's about 20% fatter than a Spinner II and a few millimeters longer .........but bigger is better, right? :)

If you get one I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it. :)

• 1 month later...

I havent dropped mine in water yet, but I have spilled water on it. Maybe try soaking it in rice for a few days, take it apart and put the pieces in an airtight ziploc or tupperware with rice. It will soak up all excess moisture. Maybe by some miracle it will work.

Ive had luck a few times with the cell phone in the toilet incidents.....

Turn it upside down overnight in a glass of rice, just dry rice.

Cant tell you how many phones and electrical gadgets Ive saved with TIME and a simple bowl of rice. Problem with most is the time part. I give anything days drying time before I ever consider hitting the on button.

I see Tesla mentioned a couple of times here. I'm personally intrigued by ANYTHING labeled Tesla. Just thinking that if I had one of those electricTesla cars, and drunkenly drove it into the river, how many tons of rice I would need.......

Years ago, and one of the first times I'd come to Malaysia, I had a very expensive watch. It was water and shock resistant and had all the bells and whistles. So I was visiting Tioman Island, and standing in about an inch of water off the shore, and a small wave washed around my feet and a tiny drop of water landed on the lens of my watch. It died instantly! A TINY drop! Jeeeeesh! So I bought a cheap plastic watch and I couldn't kill the ugly thing. If I hadn't (purposely?) lost it, it'd probably still be going. Maybe I should have tried rice.