Need help understanding

mkauthen

Ok, I got an EVOD twist yesterday, very cool, but... How do I tell when it is done charging? There is a red light on the charging piece, and the white light on the EVOD button. Both turned on when I plugged it in, and this morning (10 hours later), all lights still the same. Is it done charging? Or no?

I am so happy to be vaping and heading down the road to quit smoking. THanks for everyones help.

Michelle

First, what kind of charger are you using? Can you take a picture of it to show us?

If you're using a Joyetech charger or one like it, the red light turns to green when the charging cycle is complete.

With yours not changing, it might be that the battery isn't making a good connection, you have a defective charger, or any number of things.

And that's the most important part, that it works and is fully charged! I like the idea that the charger turns itself off to prevent over charging but it would be nice if they kept the green light burning even if the charger itself is no longer charging. Oh well. As long as it still works right. :)

You didn't say what kind of charger it is? Is it a Joyetech? Did they change their charger or is it by a different company?

You know what? My wife got them (sweet Vapes?) and she threw the packaging away. It's not marked so I am assuming its a generic Chinese made unit.

But the plot thickens...... My spinner II charges straight through......sometimes........on it. :wallbash:

My Spinner IIs also charge straight through...sometimes...on Joyetech and Vision chargers. No rhyme or reason as to when it will and when it won't.

Mkauthen? It sounds like your charger might be the same as Bebop's. Have you tried using the battery since you took it off the charger to see if it works? Might be that it's fully charged and you just missed the green light. :)

You can always check the charge level of the battery with a multi-meter, or if you have one of the coil-meters that can check voltage (like the new ELeaf from iSmoka), it makes it easy to tell the charge level on those batteries that don't change button color as they discharge, or to just see if your charger is actually working to fully charge them.

I haven't used a couple of my eGo batteries in a few weeks, maybe a month, because I've been focused on my MODs (sad, yes, I know - hangs head in shame)... checked them the other day with my ELeaf meter, and they are both holding at 3.7+ V.... gotta love Li-On batteries!