in your opinion, best build?

christov11

Want to produce massive clouds but dont want to super sub ohm...

I went to get some 24g 20g and 26 twisted...

Im leaning more towards the 20 or 26 twisted.

Anyone wanna clue me into the point of the 26 twisted... why would it be better or worse than a single strand 20g?

I use a 32ga round and .5 Flat twist to build my Kanger coils. It gives better vaopr and flavor than just using 30-32ga. The twist with the flat Kanthal gives more surface area. It also creates valleys or rounded groves that catch juice so you are heating (Vaporizing) more juice.

This is a 2x28ga and .9 flat twist (3 Wire Twist)

gallery_1116_216_24397.jpg

This is a singe 28ga ,9 flat twist. It needs to be a little tighter than is shown. You don't want to see the round wire after your twist is done. This was my first twist with flat wire.

Tiger-Coil-28-9-twist.jpg

wow... i guess there are no limits!

Im gonna need to just keep building until I get what I want...

Found the right build for the stillaire but when I tried it in the tobh, it didnt work out that great...incredibly annoying...

Edited by christov11

I hate to say I have been a little lazy. I am still running the dual vertical on my TOBH I put the coil closer to the negative post which puts the coil right above the 3 air holes (on each side). I am running .4(something) ohms. I am using 5 wraps of 26 gauge around a 3.4mm pin. It has been great! I have not had much reason to experiment. I am sure I will when time allows. I really like the vertical arrangement. It seems to be a better vape than the horizontal coils of the same size/wrap. I really don't know why that is. Is it airflow? I have 2 of these atty's so I can experiment, I just am enjoying it so much, I may get some 0 nicotine, so I can vape it more. I may have to start buying this juice by the gallon!

I hate to say I have been a little lazy. I am still running the dual vertical on my TOBH I put the coil closer to the negative post which puts the coil right above the 3 air holes (on each side). I am running .4(something) ohms. I am using 5 wraps of 26 gauge around a 3.4mm pin. It has been great! I have not had much reason to experiment. I am sure I will when time allows. I really like the vertical arrangement. It seems to be a better vape than the horizontal coils of the same size/wrap. I really don't know why that is. Is it airflow? I have 2 of these atty's so I can experiment, I just am enjoying it so much, I may get some 0 nicotine, so I can vape it more. I may have to start buying this juice by the gallon!

Whenever vertical coils come into play people seem to rave about getting more flavor... There's probably a logical reason behind it!

Well it seems to be that way for me. I am not sure why. I have very limited experience, so it could just be that this build is just better than the horizontal's that I built earlier. Who knows?

I am having to do a lot of after hours data entry work for my job, so it could just be that I am too preoccupied (lazy) to try others.

I am wanting to do a dual parallel vertical with 28 gauge, I just have not done it yet! I ran out of talent really quick when I tried my first dual parallel!

Hahaha I hear ya!!! First week with rdas I went build-crazy! Pumping out 4-5 builds a day and then when I found a couple that worked for me I stuck to them... Now I'm gonna have to duplicate and find one for the 28 tobh... But my hades is being weird... So until I find another 26650 mod I think I'm gonna stick to the stillaires

I'm not done either. I guess I am just content. I leave on the road in the morning. I have not found a toolbox that I am satisfied with to bring my coil wrapping tools and chargers. I am not even sure I will take a mechanical with me. I may coil up a 1+ ohm build on my other tobh and run it on the MPV. It could be a long week!

24 guage center post build, or sleeper coil as some people call it, 7 wraps. This build just hits the spot for me, produces huge clouds, great flavor, easy to build and wick.

sleeper build... im still not sure what that is... is it just a single strand of kenthal used to make both coils going through the center post?

• 2 months later...

I'm going to attempt the sleeper build tonight...this is going to be a disaster!

I have tried a few, unsuccessfully. I am really spoiled using a coil building jig that I can't build them that close to the atty.

I have had a lot of trouble with sleepers and dual parallel coils. I can't even imagine some of the more advanced coils such as the triple parallel, quad and multi-twisted parallel. I have seen pictures of all of them, but every time I try a parallel coil...I end up with 2 separate coils. I can't keep them together.

ive found it tough until i really took my time with each wrap. its a killer build and it will be my go-to with 24g.

Im on a rediculous 22g build 5 wraps around 2mm. it chucks like theres no tomorrow. more than the parallel 24g but its also lower in resistance so you might not feel safe with it. went from 0.2 to 0.16.

Even myself at first wasnt sure if i really wanted to do it. After some research on the batteries i was using and seeing so many people going that low with same-ish set ups. just made sure there was no shorts and the coils were beauties and then hit it.

In no way should someone feel the need to go that low especially if they dont feel ready safety wise. but given that you and I have been following a similar path as long as you triple check any safety concerns, you should be okay.

All this to say that with parallel builds the key to it is patience and taking the wraps slowly to make sure they are pretty :P

I have never built that low yet. .3 - .4 is about as low as I have gone so far. I really don't have a problem with it. I build save and use good equipment. I also have learned to disassemble a 4nine quickly in an emergency. The little thing can be a pain to setup with no adjustments!