RDA and nic level

chud

I should be getting my first mod and RDA (hcigar nemesis and omega clone) in the mail tomorrow. I've been vaping on EVODs, ego twists, and vision spinner 2 for a couple months. My nic level is 12 mg now. Thru my "research" watching numerous YouTube videos I've heard I need to lower my nic level. The problem is I already have ALOT of 12 mg juices (I also have a few 6mg juices). One person said you should use no nic juice. Is this only for sub ohming, since you get so much more vapor? I'm going to try and build my first coil around 1 ohm I think. I may just do a single coil at first, to get a little higher resistance, then add a parallel coil after I've used it a little while to lower the resistance. If anyone can share their experience with nic level and RDAs I'd appreciate it.

Slightly off topic... After I purchased the omega I read some reviews saying its not the best for a beginner due to it being a little tricky build because of the high walls. Anyone have opinions on a better RDA to get for a beginner?

I drip 12mg. I moved down from 18. I had no problem dripping 18 or even 24. But most people find the nic to be too strong. I suggest dripping with some 12mg to find out. You may not need to lower your levels.

I own two Omega clones and I have only built on one of them once. I cannot stand the high walls.
I recommend a Patriot. You can find them around 60 in some places. I paid 70 for mine, but I think it's a great atty to learn on. The juice well has never interfered with my building. Alot of people don't like the set air holes, though. I have no issue with them and find that they work well at the stock size, even with a single coil build.

You don't have to build a low ohm coil.

You can build a 1.5-2.0 coil and use the juice you have right now that's the beauty of building your own coils.

You can add VG to existing juice but youd have to cut it by half and there'd be little taste left.

Yes you'll want to cut back on nic level in my opinion if you go below 1.0 ohm. I Vape 12 nic on a 1.0 ohm coil and its not a big deal.

I second the patriot its a nice RDA for sub ohming on, easy to build or the CLT, CLT has a bit better airflow w/o drilling out the cap.

If you want outstanding flavor w nice clouds but not super sub ohming, nice for beginners I'd recommend the magma by paradigm it is the best IMO and I've got down to .4 ohm very comfortably.

Good luck

Thanks for the info... The magma paradigm looks awesome, but its $115. I may pick one up once I'm sure I enjoy building coils and dripping, but that's a good chunk of change to spend having never even tried a dripper. Anyone make a decent clone of it? Any recommended patriot clones (I know hcigar has one)? Should I stop being cheap and just buy the real thing? If I go to an ecig store and get an RDA will it be the real thing or will they sell me a clone for the price of a real one?

Edited by chud

I wouldn't buy in a b&m if you are worried about prices. lol I never had a Patriot clones. I just bought the authentic. At the price, I don't think it would be worth it to buy a clone. The authentic is great. From what I've heard, the Magma is great for flavor chasing, but not so much for cloud chasing. I don't know what you are working for. But if it's flavor, then the Magma would be a good choice. I think MtDobies has one.

Since you're new to this, I would recommend picking up a Patriot. But I'd also wait a while for more people to post in this thread. I'm sure they would have other suggestions. I just like the Patriot because It's a good atty for both flavor and clouds, it's extremely easy to build on, and I have no issues with the airflow. But you may not like it as much. It's all about finding your sweet spot. What I like will not always be what the next person likes.

Either way, I hope you find something you like. :) Perhaps it WOULD be a good idea to start with a cheap clone that you won't be too upset if you don't like.

You can find a magma by paradigm at one of our vendors here sweet-vapes.com,

They are on sale and there's a 10% off coupon code they advertised thru tomorrow its 10sweet, the RDA sells for around 23.00 its a clone and will produce a nice cloud w awesome taste. Deep juice wells easy to work on for a beginner or anyone. I know quite a few cloud chasers who really enjoy this one.

Hope this helps

The magma puts out incredible flavor while still maintaining a good amount of vapor. Best RDA available for flavor IMO. As far as chasing, I LOVE my TOBH because of the two piece top cap, and also will accept a patriot top cap.

As far as the juice goes. If it has a good amount of flavor, I usually just start cutting it down until I can tolerate the nic level. Otherwise throw it to the birds. Lol.

If I drip more than a 8mg I'll be coughing for days.

I got my stuff in today. I went to the local vape shop and had them do my first build. They built a .3 ohm dual coil. In the shop when I hit it it was pretty harsh, but I enjoyed it because of fhe amount of vapor produced. Got home and vaped it a little more and it was just not tolerable, way too harsh. It wasn't the nic content (4mg) but the heat of the vapor. That vapor was ridiculously hot. After hitting it a couple times the atty would get really hot and drip tip would almost burn my lips. I put a longer drip tip on that I have, but still couldn't handle the heat of the vapor. I tore that one apart and built my own coil (only had one piece of ekowool, mine amazon order has yet to arrive). It ended up being 1.3 ohms and is much more vapable (ill probably build one a little lower next time, closer to 1). Maybe I just needed to get used to the subohm, but I don't see how anyone could vape like that.