hello and help!

digitaldad143

Hello all. My names Stephen. 20+ yrs smoker, straight vaping for 2 months now. I'm from a small town but I'm blessed to have a vape store blocks away. Down side they don't carry much of a selection.

Bought an ego starter kit there and puffed on that for a while. Last month I bought a ego twist vv and a iclear 16 dual coil tank/cart/whatever thingy (2.1 ohms I believe) and its helped immensely on the switch from analogs to vaping.

I hit up the small shop at least once a week and I probably annoy the poor kid working there with questions but have learned a lot.

He does carry some premium juice at a great price so that's awesome.

But to my understanding there's more taste to discover and heftier clouds to be had! Unfortunately they don't carry much except for some ego starters, a couple ego vv batts and a cool fire 1. Oh and some protanks. But I know there's more out there!

This is where I hope someone here may be able to help on recommending the next step. Ok, I'm fixin to get picky here lol

I'm searching for more flavor and a heavier hit. Yes, I wanna puff like a dragon. Call me a cloud chaser or whatever but ya, I wanna disappear like a magician! Lol

Ok maybe not that hardcore.

I have a somewhat basic understanding on the voltage ohm relationship. Not so much on how wattage plays into it.

But I want to step it up a bit.

A mod maybe? I don't see myself building micro coils and not that excited on purchasing batteries and a charger for them. Are there mods out there that can charge the battery straight from the units housing perhaps?

I don't need a puff counter, alarm clocks, external speakers or none of that. I would like to keep it somewhat simple, without having to build coils, but still have a good flavor and the ability to make the girlfriend disappear in a vaporus fog if she starts getting lippy.....jk! Maybe.

Keeping it under $100 would also be awesome!

Any help, direction, suggestions greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Welcome!

If you're looking for a rock-soild battery that isn't "complicated", I'd recommend the Innokin MVP 2.0 (its a box-style, VV/VW), and I can't praise mine enough. If you want something smaller, but still with decent battery life, a Spinner, Spinner2, Innokin VV V3, etc will provide you all day (or two) vaping pleasure without having to recharge.

I'm no cloud-chaser... I stick with tanks, and love my Kanger ProTank 2's, AeroTanks, and ProTank3-minis (smaller for my eGo batteries). Use a 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm coil and you get a really good vape. Many here also praise the Aspire Nautilus for better flavor and vapor, but I've tried them and think the AeroTank is just as good (at a cheaper price).

More vapor is achieved by using a higher VG content juice. Most commercial juices are 80/20 or 70/30 (VG is the last number), so vapor is okay, but flavor and throat-hit are more pronounced. 50/50 juices are truly a good "balance", and I get just as much vapor from those as I do my 30/70 juices (and more flavor).

Thx mt, will def check out the store. Another thx to earthling for the suggestions. I've been cutting my juice with glycerin from wal mart. Usually a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. Love the hit but find it kills the taste a lil. Juice goes a lil further so can't complain!

Earthling gave some very good advice and recommendations. The following is not set in stone but a good guideline:

More PG = thinner juice, more throat hit, more flavor

More VG = thicker juice (read: will gunk up coils faster), more vapor, a somewhat smoother/slightly sweeter taste but doesn't carry flavor as well

Higher nicotine content = more throat hit/harsher vape

From everything I've read and heard about the new Aspire Nautilus mini and its vertical coil, this might be just what you're looking for to help with the vapor production along with the juice PG/VG ratio. I'd go with a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil and a variable voltage device like your eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner/Vision Spinner 2 so you can play with the voltage. I higher voltage might also produce more vapor. Just keep in mind that if you go too high, your juice may taste burnt. Start at the lowest setting, vape. If that's not doing it for you, turn it up a little, vape. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary. Once you start tasting a burning flavor, dial it down a bit and that should be the sweet spot for that particular juice. Most fruit flavors need a lower voltage setting while many bakery flavors like it a little hotter.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Welcome there is a lot of good advice here. Check out the Juice review section for some good quality juice you may want to try. I know there are some contests coming that you may win some juice from VT and some of my line. Good way to test out flavors and easy on the wallet. Just had a first time poster win so don't feel you need to know the ropes to play. :D

Having quit 35 years of smoking like I was turning off a light with the help of vaping, I can kinda sound like I`m trying to proselytize at times.

That being said, its a Journey "dad", you cant get from point a to point z by teleportation.

What you can do, is read vapor talk, allot. Ask allot of questions if need be, most here are happy to answer questions BC we know how important it was to us. Research everything, RESEARCH EVERYTHING. Google is there to help you make a buying decision when the time comes to buy. Buy what you can afford, remember that what you spend on vaping you would have spent on tobacco, its surely cheaper vaping no matter what you spend. Oh ya, go look up Pbusardo on youtube and watch what appeals to you, I learned so much from this gentleman.

Don`t sweat the small stuff, be committed to the learning curve and it will pay dividends, in spades.

Than you can start adding up days and weeks and years without smoking. :?)

Vapehappy!