New coil

Mtdobies

I also wrap them as neatly as possible, like MrVince. I like there to be less tidying. I already obsess over my coils enough as it is. If I didn't take the time to wrap them tight, I'd spend more time cleaning up the build than I would doing everything else.

I do make pretty tight neat coils. I'm wondering if its the way I mount them maybe I kink the legs or something.. I'm pretty darn ocd about them.

Its a learning process and I'm needing stronger cheater glasses maybe, its working and thats good I guess.

I rewick pretty much daily. Whenever I'm changing juice at least and very rarely do I just keep the same wick with another juice but if I'm going from one melon blend to another company's melon blend I might not bother if the wick is still clean and is a good wick job.

Coils it just depends. If I like the build at least a week or two maybe more. Depends on wire too. If I use gplat I don't worry about it and go a month or so if it's working good. If it's single strand kanthal maybe two weeks tops. Maybe 3 weeks if it's twisted kanthal. I dry burn them clean each time I rewick and I also rinse them about once a week or more so it's never an issue of needing to change them. I just do when I want to build and when I want to try another setup or resistance.

Never wrapped uneven coils but I did do something stupid that I never thought I would. I saw a few people on a facebook group I used to belong to that forgot to put the top cap on their rda and raised it while firing to take a vape. Hot coil to lips is not good. I laughed at them quietly and thought that would never happen to me. Last week it did. I was spaced out and just raised it to my lips while I was watching a movie and forgot I had it off to soak the wicks. Hurt like hell for a second but it was only one of the coils and very small. It just kind of lightly scabbed over by the next day and peeled off. I felt very stupid though.

Ive read of people doing that, that must have hurt!

I have done the same read of someone doing something being preoccupied, kinda shaking my head and yep it happens to me next! Worst part is I knew better lol.

So kinda made sense to accept my oops announce it and take the thrashing its part of the fun, makes me feel better laughing at myself I guess.

Glad you didn't get hurt too bad.

Okay I'm gonna admit to complete blindness or stupidity, one coil was wrapped 7 x the other 8, so I'll go get another bread tie and try again.. (giggle)s.

Hahaha....don't worry. I have to use my phone camera after I wrap each coil to take a pic and zoom it in just to make sure that both coils have the same number of wraps. Damn old eyes...I can shoot a fly's turd at 15 meters but seeing a coil up close makes my eyes to go crossed.