New coil

Mtdobies

I'm curious those who build their own coils, how often do you like to replace/change coils, wicking or both.

As well as what your building on. [emoji6]

I'm changing wicking on my Russian about once every couple of days or if I drastically change flavors.

The coil it depends, on if I feel like building a new one or not probably once a week avg.

Magma I do change wicking for every flavor, and love to build coils and try new styles but coils might stay for a couple of days till I get a new idea or

No reason at all just cause I want too.[emoji1]

Every week or even days I'm not too busy I'll build one vape it, love or hate it. Rebuild rebuild rebuild. I re-wick if I'm changing from a fruit to a tobacco but if I go from a fruit to a fruit flavor I just take the top cap off and fire it to rid the excess juice (right to before the point it becomes to dry and burns) then re-drip it

Current igo-w6 build I had to share, pretty happy with it. .08 ohms.

a7usavy3.jpg

Its funny now, I was on the phone w josh and it did the pop thing I jumped gasped, he said whats happening I told him well it just caught fire oh crap. He said calmly that happens.. Argh!

Then I did it again, oh what a idiot. Lol.

I change my wicking every 2-3 days if its the same flavor. Every flavor change gets a new wick. I tend to keep well built coils for up to 2-3 weeks at a time. I wash my coils every time I change wicks. Wash with warm water, dry burn and then wash coil again when its red hot with cold water. For coils I'm not too hot about I change every couple of days.

I've built two sets of coils both came out to .6 on 28g, 7wraps and both sets have been firing more on one coil then the other.

I fiddle and fiddle and can't get them to burn equally one always burns hotter.

I'm so frustrated, what is going wrong.

Pulling my hair out.

Hmm. Are both coils equal distance from the posts, Mtdobies? when they are and I'm still getting uneven heat, I squeeze the cooler coil tighter till it heats even with the opposite one.

Hmm. Are both coils equal distance from the posts, Mtdobies? when they are and I'm still getting uneven heat, I squeeze the cooler coil tighter till it heats even with the opposite one.

Agreed^^ I do the same. I also make sure that the screws are down nice and tight. I found that a loose one sometimes creates an uneven burn.

One side turns red hot immediately while it takes half a second for the other, sometimes the other won't heat. Guess I'll try positioning legs different?

Make sure your post screws are nice and tight. If they are and it still does that, then you may need to make sure the leads in the positive post hole are both going all the way through the post and making a good connection.

It was pretty darn tight, I even pulled to tighten before I mounted it, so nothing was overlapping etc honest.

I think it was easier when I was nervous starting out and didn't know how to be picky, Lol.

Its a ton better. I wicked it finally and its doing good. Barely a difference now.