new here

iAMesper

Hi i just recently started on e-cigs to attempt to quit. So far i'm doing well i started with eonsmoke's and they were awful the batteries did not last, and the flavors did not last. I just recently got a starter kit for blue e-cigs and well their a little better in some ways than eonsmoke i'm not 100 percent satisfied. I'll be trying other brands until i find the best fit for me. But so far in general i find e-cigs working for me as far as the mental and physical addictions.

Welcome! Most of us find that the "cigalike" style ecigs don't quite provide enough to satisfy our needs. If you don't mind something that doesn't look similar to a traditional cig, we can give you some advice on other devices that might help.

We tried the same thing 2 years ago with njoy from the convenience store and it didn't work for us at all. We went to our local vape shop recently for advice because there's just so much to learn and research. They set us up to suit our needs to quit analogs. This Sunday it will have been three weeks smoke free. Everything we bought paid for itself in the first 2 week. We started high with the nic level and the cravings are no different than with analogs although my wife is enjoying her new go to flavor a lot. We came out of the shop with 2 kits chargers and 2 10ml bottles of 24mg nic juice at $106 out the door. I dropped mine on my desk at work yesterday and killed my battery. Our shop gave me a new one and a 3ml sample of a new juice creation to try. They warranty everything they sell in house for 30 days no question after that it's up to the manufacturer. There's a lot of friendly knowledgeable people here that can steer you in the right direction so you can reach your goal and be analog free. I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years and my wife was down to half a pack before we made the switch. We use 10ml of juice a week at $5 a piece compared to analogs at $11 a day for 2 packs. Now that we have a more informed direction I'll be able to cut our costs even further buying online. I'll always go to my local shop everyone there is awesome and I can sample till I turn blue lol. All of the juice is made in front of you while you wait and you can see what they use. In the beginning don't beat yourself up when you backpedal to a analog I did at first because my wife turned to vaping and never looked back. I went from a pack a day to one or two a day for about 3 days mileage may vary. Anyway sorry for carrying on good luck in your venture and welcome.....

Well said TX! No shame involved when trying to quit analogs. All of us here have our own method to get to where we are. We as a group can help the OP find something that fits the needs and budget no dought. Your on the right track!

Thank you....I was a little down on myself not having the same result as my wife at the time. Got over it easy enough because the end result is the same. I've been trying to guide my last 2 smokers at work one is opening up to the idea seeing my results first hand and knowing my past my boss on the other hand......well he'll take more time I guess. The advice and guidance I've received from here has been invaluable to me and I'm sure iAm will get the same from everyone too.

Good for you for getting off the analogs! Read through the threads here at VT, you'll get lots of ideas about different battery types and various tanks and coils for when you're ready to move up. If you want to do a search on anything specific, just click on the magnifying glass at the top of the page and type in whatever you're interested in. I'm sure it'll turn up more links than you probably have time to read. We also have a whole bunch of really nice and knowledgeable vapers here so feel free to ask questions, too. :)

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

Congrats and Welcome!

Vaping works, and as Fishguy said, everyone has their own story to tell and method/equipment-choice which works for them. Some can make the switch on day one, some can't, and it's okay! Sometimes (like TX's wife) you just hit the right flavor and never look back. As Tam suggested, use the search tool and feel free to ask questions... we all have opinions!! :D

Oh, BTW, the VT store has fantastic prices and excellent equipment and juices... check that out, too!