where do I go from here?.

My local shop uses straight vg the flavors good and with 24mg nic hits the throat well for me. I'm going to order some with 20% to 30% pg to try I read it's suppose to carry the flavor better than straight vg.

• 2 weeks later...

Help! Earlier this week I had an issue with my vape, the part that holds the coil started to leak and killed my battery, I had to buy a new battery. The boy at the shop told me it was just the coil that caused it to leak but now not even two days from going to the shop I have a leak again. I've stopped using it to avoid another battery kill. What could actually be the problem? The liquid is coming out the vent holes in the metal piece that holds the coil

Help! Earlier this week I had an issue with my vape, the part that holds the coil started to leak and killed my battery, I had to buy a new battery. The boy at the shop told me it was just the coil that caused it to leak but now not even two days from going to the shop I have a leak again. I've stopped using it to avoid another battery kill. What could actually be the problem? The liquid is coming out the vent holes in the metal piece that holds the coil

First, it helps if you'll let us know what exactly it is that you're using. What's the type of tank? What kind of battery do you have? What ohm coil is in your tank? This type of information is needed so we know what it is that we're dealing with. :)

I took pictures but can't figure out how to add them I have a kanger evod tank and battery with dual coils (Im not sure how many ohms but the ones I've seen online are 8ohms and look like mine)

The first thing I'd tell you to try is to put in a new coil. Sometimes, the coil is bad even right out of the box, and will leak all over the place. It could also be that you might've gotten some knock off coils and not genuine Kanger Evod dual coils. Those two things are usually the main culprits.

I've never heard of 8 ohm stock coils. Do you mean 1.8 ohms? :)

The EVOD is a plastic tank... it could be the tank has cracked from a harsh juice (Cinnamon, mints, citrus, menthol, etc.) and the leakage is simply because the tank can no longer hold a vacuum to maintain pressure equilibrium? EVODs are a one-piece design, so any fracture will render them unusable. Luckily, they are also cheap to replace.... If you're going to vape a juice that might damage a plastic tank, it's best to invest in Pyrex and stainless-steel tanks. If you like the EVOD size/shape, you'll also like these from Kanger: KPT2-mini, KPT3-mini, AeroTank-mini, or EVOD2-glass. Of those I listed, only the KPT2-mini will use the same single-coils as your EVOD, though.

Tam and Comp are spot on as well... I've had coils work loose and leak, and had brand new coils leak within an hour or two of installing them. Genuine coils, knock-offs, rebuilds... any and all can and will leak... given enough time :)

My tank is glass with the stainless steel shell, the liquid that leaks is definitely bubbling out of the atomizer. My friend was just trying to fix it and pointed out that a rubber ring was missing. The second ring from the top under the wick. http://www.sun-vapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kanger-eVod1.jpg

Yeah, those o-rings are kinda necessary :)

And, Chinese Quality Control pretty much ensures "something" is in the package... no guarantee if it's the right part, or fully/properly assembled!

I've even gotten to the point of checking coil resistances with my meter before I use them the first time... it eliminates installing a dud (only found one so far, though) or finding out the coil marked as 1.8, actually is a 2.2 or a 1.4 ;)

So In the end I had to replace my whole device, I am still looking however for a darker pink/fuchsia colored shorter battery and any original evod tank to steal the atomizer from ( the shop I go to only sells the new one with the stainless steel mouthpiece now) because I kind of want to use my original system again because I miss it, really all it needs is the battery and atomized . Any one have any good shopping suggestions?

So all you need is the seal (O-Ring) for the coil? If you have been saving your old coil heads it may be stuck to one that you had removed. All I have in stock are the older EVOD single coil plastic tanks. I just opened one and looked at the base. It is the same as what you show in the pic you posted.

I started thinking about this, re read your last post and did some research....

You say you want the one with a plastic tip... I have found that the EVOD 2 has always had a Stainless steal tip, the standard single coil EVOD is the one with the plastic tip. The coils for these are not interchangeable. Is it possible you are trying to use a EVOD 2 dual coil head in a Standard single coil EVOD tank? Or maybe a EVOD single coil head in a dual coil EVOD 2 tank. Either way it could be causing your issue. The seal that you say is missing would be very difficult to loose unless it failed and just fell out.

This is a T3-D and has a plastic Tip (Dual Coil)

2014_newest_item_salable_genuine_kangert

This is an EVOD 2 SS Tip (Dual Coil)

1022052457_778.jpg

This is a Standard EVOD single coil Plastic Tip

evod.jpg

Edited by Compenstine

It's the last photo that looks closest to what I had originally, the guy at my local B&M shop said the o rings can break If treated roughly. My replacement is the shorter length evod battery (in red because they were out of my original color) and the evod2 tank in red. Madvapes sells the o rings so I want to buy a pack of them from there and then find a shorter evod battery in my original fuchsia/pink and use that device as well