Dripping vs. Tanks

I recently bought a new mechanical mod. It is a copper vanilla and have been using a stillaire clone rda. I did not know what I was missing. The flavor coming from this rda is unbelievable. It is literally night and day difference between dripping and my tanks. I am very impressed. I have learned a lot from everyone on this forum. Mostly when it comes to safety. I bought an ohms meter and sony vtc5 batteries. I have done a lot of research and plan on staying away from super sub ohming. My rda is currently at .35 and I do not plan on going any lower. I am happy that I have learned how to drip in a safer manner before jumping into the deep end of the pool. Although the water is nice down hear and the flavor is unbelieveable. Thanks everyone for stressing safety I am grateful.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying it. That's quite a nice setup. I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to go below .35 either especially if it's just for the numbers.

Thought I'd share something I recently have learned, even though in the past I read it, I'm just now experiencing it personally. Something I've been learning more about as I get more familiar with my RDA's is how much airflow affects flavor. I've found that there are some of my juices I'm not crazy about on my typical airflow opening, but if I increase the air flow and make the holes bigger, the flavor gets much more enjoyable. Also for some juices or when my mood is right, I like to slightly reduce the airflow.

I have a craft vapery subscription and so I taste a lot of new juice (well a lot for me, 6 or 7 bottles of "treat vapes" a month. After getting more familiar with how much air flow effects flavors, I went back to some older juices I had shelved in the "ok if desparete" pile and found some that I really could make the flavor more to my taste.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying it. That's quite a nice setup. I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to go below .35 either especially if it's just for the numbers.

Thought I'd share something I recently have learned, even though in the past I read it, I'm just now experiencing it personally. Something I've been learning more about as I get more familiar with my RDA's is how much airflow affects flavor. I've found that there are some of my juices I'm not crazy about on my typical airflow opening, but if I increase the air flow and make the holes bigger, the flavor gets much more enjoyable. Also for some juices or when my mood is right, I like to slightly reduce the airflow.

I have a craft vapery subscription and so I taste a lot of new juice (well a lot for me, 6 or 7 bottles of "treat vapes" a month. After getting more familiar with how much air flow effects flavors, I went back to some older juices I had shelved in the "ok if desparete" pile and found some that I really could make the flavor more to my taste.

As far as going lower I definitely do not plan on it. I'm happy with it right now. When I rebuild it I will most likely go up a little because this build is almost to hot for me.

As far as going lower I definitely do not plan on it. I'm happy with it right now. When I rebuild it I will most likely go up a little because this build is almost to hot for me.

Try around a .5, it will probably be a lot more pleasant. I've discovered after plenty of trial and error that lower ohm isn't always better even if the setup handles it fine. The other day I ran a 1.3 ohm in my Kayfun and I thought the battery gauge was broken it lasted so long.

Try around a .5, it will probably be a lot more pleasant. I've discovered after plenty of trial and error that lower ohm isn't always better even if the setup handles it fine. The other day I ran a 1.3 ohm in my Kayfun and I thought the battery gauge was broken it lasted so long.

Thats what I'm going to shoot for next time. Around .5 or .6 I really do like the flavor as is it just gets a little hot sometimes. Not uncomfortably hot but I think .5 is were I need to be.

I like between .8 and .6 it is just right for me. If I go lower the heat makes me cough.

this is my favorite as well .6-.8 in my dripper

my kpt3 mini tank is at 1.5 (rebuilt with single coil & cotton)

If your sub ohming... I have found and have been told that anything under .7 - .6 is more about vapor production and Throat Hit (Heat) I'm a flavor junkie and that is what I chase. When .8 -..6 gives me that, I'm happy. I say find what works best for you and if that keeps you off analogs, then that is what you want. :D

I've found I prefer .5-.9 ohms on my DC dripper, lower kills the flavor for me.

Higher is just as bad as I get a lot of unvaporized juice or spatter heading to my lips.

I just got some ribbon kanthal that is amazing in vapor production, but is being a pita to make a coil over .3 ohms in DC mode when twisted with 32g round wire. I'll try single coil for a bit while I work on a single strand coil and shoot for .6

Edited by Dasfriek

If your sub ohming... I have found and have been told that anything under .7 - .6 is more about vapor production and Throat Hit (Heat) I'm a flavor junkie and that is what I chase. When .8 -..6 gives me that, I'm happy. I say find what works best for you and if that keeps you off analogs, then that is what you want. :D

I personally believe it has a LOT more to do with the build and wicking rather than the ohms. I get tons of dense flavor out of my parallel builds. Granted it may not be as flavorful as something like a .5ohm dragon coil, but I get close to the same flavor from a .1 parallel build as I do from .5 duals if not more.

Everyone is different, just saying lol.

I drip 18mg as me preferred strength, and 24mg when it's all I can get.

My body will tell me to slow down when needed, I get nauseous when I drip too fast.

That's IF I stay above .6 ohms, any lower and 18mg is too much then.

My mom and Aunt both smoke and will cough up a lung if they hit my kayfun, my dripper would most likely kill them.

I use soft cream juices so they aren't harsh, but due to that I prefer higher vaper production to acquire a strong hit.

Imo nic strength only has a slight affect on how a toke feels to a user.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't imagine trying to use anything higher than 5 or 6 mg niq in a dripper, I loaded my rda with some 18 one time by mistake and thought I was gonna pass out and it was harsh as all get out , I typically mix my own at 3mg anymore

Edited by Rcam1977

I can't imagine trying to use anything higher than 5 or 6 mg niq in a dripper, I loaded my rda with some 18 one time by mistake and thought I was gonna pass out and it was harsh as all get out , I typically mix my own at 3mg anymore

I use 3 nicotine too drip only. Anything higher and I can not enjoy it. I get to much of a nic buzz and have to quit after like 2 drags.