which should i use 100% cotton or silica wick?

UPChampa

yoo, im new to ecig and forum and i have been vaping bout 5 weeks now. i dont know what to choose for my flavor wick that sits on top of the coil.

should i go for 100% cotton (peaches and creme, white yard from wal-mart) or silica wick?

any help will do, thank you.

It also depends on your taste buds. I tried silica again yesterday after using cotton for a while and the flavor of the juice seemed off. Had a synthetic taste or something.

Try both cotton yarn and silica then decide which you prefer.

I use the Peaches and Cream. But When I run out of this stuff I plan on buying plain old organic cotton. The yarn is nice but I want to give the cotton a try to see which one I like better.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite wicks in order are japanese cotton, cellucotton, and walgreens organic cotton. The second two are cheap for bulk. About 4-5$ for 80 organic cotton balls or $12 for 500 ft of cellucotton at Sally's beauty supply. The japanese cotton patches can be pricey unless you get lucky and find some at a decent price on amazon or other fine beauty supply places online but they really are the easiest to use and give great wicking and flavor. Just cut a strip from the patch that is the right thickness for your coils and wick through them and tuck the ends.

Rayon (cellulose) or if you can't find it use sterile cotton from the drug store. I think they must autoclovae the steril cotton cause it tastes better than non sterile imo. But I find rayon easier to work with.

There are also Gushi cotton pads that you can split in half and cut a perfect 3/16" strip off of, I haven't tried these but they are getting good reviews.