How I Maintain My Mech

Richstag

I am sure there are tutorials and such but I just thought I would share how I found works for anyone just bumping along into this.

I have a short list of tools. Microfiber, q-tips, toothbrush, pipe cleaner, plastic cup, alcohol and 760g grease.

Take it all apart to bits and spray down with alcohol scrubbing with toothbrush. Let it all soak for a while in the alcohol.

14208281697_485307189f_o.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Clean the inner threads of the switch and firing pin with the pipe cleaner. Give it all another good brushing then wipe it inside and out with the microfiber and again pipe cleaner. Then let it all set out to dry avoiding finger oils on the clean parts.

14208146810_ee312f8176_o.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Then I get a nice pile of nyogel on the clean surface and apply to ALL threads, male and female, with the q-tip and again the pipe cleaner for those tiny inner threads of the switch and firing pin.

14208284507_c6b0e3b6c7_o.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Put her all back together, spray it all down one last time with alcohol and wiper off.

14371625666_5896147d18_o.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Hitting so so smooth and strong.

Very happy with this set up so far.

Hope this may help some just dipping their feet into mech's.

Thanks guys and yeah the toothbrush is great :)

The white pencil eraser is also great for corrosion heavier than the alcohol alone can remove.

I haven't had to move on to any abrasives yet. Hopefully preventive maintenance will avoid that.

14398254756_83561c65b2_o.jpgKRG_2333 by Richstag, on Flickr

Might as well post this in here as a good visual of how I maintain the outer section.

And a small UPDATE stating I spent about an hour with a white eraser cleaning every nook, cranny, thread, contact, tube end, switch every single bit and it all came out FRESH SHINEY BRASS AND COPPER! WOW. Awesome trick here.

She is hitting better than new after this treatment.

Happy Vaping...

What is the first piece of advise that wasn't repeated?

Some asked how to clean their contacts on the mod. I suggested a eraser instead of a dremel. The eraser works well, its cheap and widely available.

Cool beans whoever invented the eraser!! A new trick I thought of and tried tonight. During wick change, after burning off the coil I put some alcohol on a high quality pipe cleaner and cleaned the inside of the coil and outside. It brought the flavor back to like new coil. Probably nothing new, but again for anyone new getting into this. May be helpful.