Proetus's Workbench

Proetus

Rather then post a new topic every time i start a new build or what not. I have decided i'll just have a running thread to post whatever it is i'm doing. Whether its a mod, modding some atty's or whatever it'll be in here. If i really get a hair up my ***, i might setup my camera and live stream.

As of right now i got a few builds going on, waiting on a drill press to start modding drippers for bottom feeding.

Todays odds n ends...

Battery, fuses and charging board wiring done for a dual 18650 build. I also got the top cap +/- soldered on as well.

C35480A5-EF9D-4890-AEDA-4A394757DD7B.jpg

Edited by Proetus

Out of curiosity how do you cut your holes for the lcd and charging port?

Drill and file by hand. Same goes for all the holes.

To bad they don't make mounting plates for the charging boards. Nice work Proetus!

They do, i refuse to pay $5ish bucks for them when it takes five mins to drill and file the hole.

Edited by Proetus

Well I have worked with it before and it's pretty easy to work with. I suppose you could buy a block and mil out for the housing. Just use a slab for the front. It's super easy to drill and shape and grind. I just think it would make your mods really above and beyond. Micarta's have awesome grip and feel in your hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile! Been tinkering a little bit nothing special tho. Waiting on a drill press vice so I can mod some atty's I have coming for bottom feeding. Crappy time of year for us where wife is out of a paycheck for a month so my building supply funds have dried up a little. I should be getting back on track here shortly with a few builds coming up.