Hard decision...

So I was really thinking toward the k100 until I ran across this article posted by v3tronix about clones are bad and we should only be vaping through American made devices, anything else really isn't safe....lati dati da...

You guys almost all have clones as I was noticing in your posts about what your "toys" and devices are...

I cannot find an American made mod under $150....

Is this really an issue or would a clone be just as good depending on which one....?

I'd like to get everything (mech mod, batteries and charger) for like $100.00 +/-

I'd like to make my purchase tomorrow so I can hopefully be vaping on Monday.

Thanks for reading and letting me know your opinions in this (very serious) matter.

(((Also where do you buy your authentic 18650 imrs?)))

Dude, clones are fine. I have seen articles like that and I find its mostly bs. Know ohm law. Buy good batteries and chargers. Vape safe. If you can hold a mod and see how you like it in person.

Personally I dont like the karmy k100 mod. Its cheaply made and for the money there are a lot better mods out there. Like the panzer black hawk, the ironman, and a few others can all be had for under 50 bucks.just read reviews on mods before buying.

As for batteries, I use sony 18650. And efest 18500 and 188350 batteries. Sony are expensive but most can be gotten from amazon. Stick with sony or efest batteries. Stay away from surefire batteries.

As for charger, the efest luc2 is what I use and love it. Others use the intellcore chargers. Also good but the efest has more for what I do and thats why I use it.

Hope this helps

As far as Original vs Clone prices, youre dealing with a couple of things. One is cost of production in the states vs china. Production in the USA overall is far more expensive due to our relatively recent tenancy to out source. Secondly, they tend to be limited runs (intended or not is irrelevant) which allows them to charge a premium. Think of Ferrari vs GT 500 or Corvette. Thirdly, the thought of something US made or at least localish ( IE, not China) tends to demand higher prices in general, with the combination of the first two points. there are nothing wrong with clones. They use the same materials and look the same. Maybe they dont use the highest quality steel or what have you, and may have a bit more voltage drop, but as someone who isnt a "connoisseur" of mech mods, youll likely not find much of a difference between the two.

Just find something you like, and something that your wallet can agree with, in terms of mods. Batteries are a whole different animal. Dont skimp, and you really have no reason to. They arent expensive. Also get a good charger, they can be pricey, relative to their function, but it will be worth it.

Edited by Heldar

The K100 was my first mechanical mod and it's a great workhorse. This mod is the clone for the Empire Mod which is very hard to get, it's rarely in stock. For over six months I've been waiting to get an email saying they have some for sale but it hasn't come yet. The original Empire Mods go for around $160.

I really like the Magneto for ease of use. It's also a little more slender and less heavy than the K100 using magnets rather than springs for the button.

Like anything else you'll find good quality clones and badly made ones. The clones I have I'm very happy with their performance. :)

Lol at the clip!we designed that clip, and the flush mount ring that I sent Tam w/ her new Provari Mini. It was our second custom Sigelie coop.

Funny to see them pop up elsewhere