Pro Tank 2 Question

Webfoot_Wa

Howdy, a question on using the Kanger Pro 2 with my 510 Protected 650mAh, 2.8v pass-through battery from Johnson Creek.. I've noticed the coil (wick) on the pro 2 tank is really short and will not fire up using my fully charged battery..my other tanks (canteens) work fine and the wicks are much longer but not the Kanger..what am I doing wrong?

https://www.vaportalkstore.com/Pro-Tank-2-p/pro-tank-2.htm

TIA

Webfoot_Wa living in New Mexico

Do you have a link or a picture of the battery? If you're posting a pic, please take one that shows inside the battery connection. :)

This vid might also be of help. It might be that the KPT2 isn't making connection with the battery, which is why it won't work?

What do you think he means by "2.8v".? Is that for real? Is that even enough to fire a coil? Or maybe it's a typo?

Edit: looks like its a cigalike battery....

Edited by Bebop12

Yep, it has nothing to do with the length of the wick... sounds like your battery connection pin is pushed down (as Tam said) or the connection pin of the atomizer head is pushed in... or both...

You can also check the center pin on your coil (head, atomizer, whatever you want to call it) and see if it is compressed against the rubber insulator. You can pull it out a TINY bit to make it reach the battery better, but be careful not to pull it too far.

Either of these adjustments are MICRO adjustments... it doesn't take much.

What do you think he means by "2.8v".? Is that for real? Is that even enough to fire a coil? Or maybe it's a typo?

Probably a typo, but 2.8V "will" fire a coil... but the Wattage/Amps will be extremely low, especially on a higher Ohm coil... so it would take forever to achieve enough heat to produce vapor.

I'm thinking typo. Not to say they don't make batteries at 2.8v but I've never seen them. More like 3.8v.

Yeah, barely warm... At 2.8V, even using a 1.5 Ohm coil (lowest KPT2 factory coil resistance), that would equate to 5.2 Watts @ 1.9A... hardly enough to vaporize any ejuice, even if you held the button for a full 10-sec.

Edited by Earthling789

The starter kit comes with cartomizers. Wonder what ohm coils those are using so that they'll actually work with a 2.8v battery?

Exactly. They don't say, do they.....hmmmm. :(

ahaa, figured it out...it was the way I was putting the 6 pieces together and NOT making a good battery connection..I also thought I wasn't pushing enough at 2.8v but that's not the issue...I am only vaping vg and thought that could be it also but it's working fine now..6 weeks into vaping and off analogs..I really appreciate all the feedback.

I'd recommend getting an ego style battery or other 510 mod to use instead of the JC battery. IMO the Innokin MVP rocks the protank and is a great bang for the buck upgrade to your vaping.

The Vea batteries really are intended only for the Vea cartos and tanks. BTW, the resistance isn't secret since they post it right on the web site. I just measured a JC canteen at 2.65 ohms. How it fires at 2.8 volts is anyone's guess. I still think it's a typo. Has anyone taken a direct measurement of the battery voltage?

Glad you got it working though!