Coil suggestions needed for dripper.

Dasfriek

I picked up a Zenith Double Cross clone, it is ok except the air control ring spins to easily.

It uses a 3 post system for dual coil builds which is it's best feature.

After many attempts I've yet to find a coil build that produces lots of vapor without sacrificing flavor.

1 ohm builds lack punch and .6 ohm builds screw d with the flavor imo.

I'd like some suggestions and even pics of something you think I may like.

I don't care to go under .6 ohms as I'm no cloud chased and want high flavor.

I have 32, 30 and 28 gauge kanthal and prefer cotton wicks. I can also do double and triple twist too.

I use a lot of cream based juices and these taste not so good under high amperage, maybe it's just my taste buds. It kills the cream taste.

Not really much advice here, as everyone's taste is different but I would try a dual double twisted 30g or a 28g twisted with 32g at about a .7 ohm build and use a little less cotton in your rda (meaning dont pack the deck full of cotton) then close your airholes a little. In my opinion and experience with vaping and rda's, the more air I have; the less flavor I have. (more air equals bigger clouds, less flavor; less air equals more flavor, less cloud)

I did learn that too much cotton wick is worse than not enough.

And I think my flavor issues were due to my coils being way too large in diameter.

I was using a qtip to wrap them on.

Thanks for all the tips as I very well could of just gave up due to old setups sucked so bad and they wouldn't vaporize correctly.

I went with dual coil, twisted pairs of 28g around my blue handled screwdriver that came with my kayfun.

Speaking of that I used all the advice to help build my single coil in the kayfun same as in my dripper, but at .6ohms. It's the best my kayfun has ever tasted.

My dripper came out too 2.5ohms wich is way lower than I thought I'd ever try, but the flavor is amazing.

Yes I'm using VTC5'S In all my mods.

I'm gonna order some ribbon wire to experiment with as I saw how people are twisting flat and round on the same coils.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Helios,Omega or 3D drippers? I'd like to add one more to my collection.

Edited by Dasfriek

Stay away from the 3d and omega. They are a PITA to build on and the flavor from the 3d just isn't there. The Helios is a great little dripper. Plenty of room to build on and set up for really decent builds

I'm glad you answered as I thought they looked the best in pics online.

The 3D is a really cool idea, but you'll have a hard time getting the coil leads wrapped around the screws between the washers.

The Omega has a deep drip well and the holes in the posts are below the lip of the deck. There is a trick to it, but its still a pain.

The Helios, has a "T" style positive post that has 2 holes. This makes it much easier for fitting duals, quads, even octos. With the Helios, you're only limited by your imagination.

I learned to hate placing coils under screws with an aga t2, they were impossible to get a coil in the position you wanted.

Luckily a local shop has about 10 rda's in stock to see in person.

That is one reason I liked the Double Cross was it's 3 tall post and slotted hex set screw setup.