Noob question...

Windsong

after reading many posts in this section for New Members I have not found the answer I am looking for. Not really sure how to even ask the question so it will be understood, but will try. When choosing amt of Nic in e-juice, how does it compare to say the nicotine in a regular Marlboro cig? Would it be, 6-12-18-?? I hope this makes sense to someone and if it is answered elsewhere, please direct me to the proper area. Thank you.

18 would be a good start... but some people need to start higher, say, 24mg...

The consensus is normally as follows:

24mg = Full flavor cigarettes/cigars (Marlboro Red, Camel, Swisher-sweets, etc)

18mg = Lights

12mg = Ultra Lights

6mg = Super Ultra Lights

0mg = Kinda obvious :)

If 24mg is too much, but 18 is too little, buy the same juice in 24mg and 18mg and mix them 1:1 (or blend flavors in the same manner) to get ~21mg of nicotine.

I smoked standard cigars, which were high in nicotine content, but found that 24mg was too high for me in e-juice. 18mg seems to be just right... and in some juices, I even have to cut the 18's down with lower nic levels or they give me a headache (buzz).

I'm not sure I agree with the above. I usually use a different method when switching a noob over, and I do it a few times everyday..more aligned to the amount of cigs you were using. I also use body mass so if your a big guy I bump up and if your a itty bitty thing I bump down.

24mg- 1.5-2-packs a day

18mg- .75-1 pack a day

12mg- .50-.75 pack a day

8mg- less than a half pack or just a bar-social smoker

0mg- I just want to look cool.....

Troy brings up a good point, and I totally agree that the volume you smoked per day will also affect it your e-juice nicotine-level needs.

Obviously, you were getting more nicotine as a 2-pack-a-day smoker of Camel unfiltered, than a 1/2 pack Marlboro Ultra-lights.

How you smoke(d) makes a difference in how much nicotine your body was actually receiving:

• Did you take full lung hits, puffs, or let them burn in the ashtray?
  • Did you smoke 100's, 110's, 120's?
  • Did you burn them to the filter, or snub them out at the half-way point?

But, I think what everyone is trying to say is that these are starting-point suggestions, because there is NO correlation-chart that says "you smoked 18 cigarettes of brand-X @ Y-strength, so you should have 2.9-ml per day of 16.4mg strength nicotine e-juice".

It's not an exact science, and your individual needs/tastes will vary... which is part of the fun :)

There is also a study out. (Comp posted the video) and in that video the study showed that noob vapers tend to not get as much nicotine absorbtion as an experienced vaper largely because of their technique. This is another reason why noobs trying to quit may want to up their nic levels til they get it going on.

Just my experience here but I was a pack a day camel filters smoker and I am fine with 12mg juice. I tied 24 and it was just too strong then went to 18mg and same thing. 12 mg is just fine although I do chain vape at some times of the day, like say when I'm driving or watching TV. Like I said this is just my personal experience and I wanted to chime in. 17 days without a stencher and not looking back!