Battery Safety

I have a sony vtc4 and I wanted to know if it was safe to vape below .5 ohms? I've seen a chart online that says it's not but I would like some input from others!

thanks,

Cyan

I think what Bebop is trying to align is that those charts are created as a pretty legit, standard notion of what is safe and what is not safe. If it isn't safe, then no matter how many people on an online forum say it is, it is not safe. We can't go against the ohm law and there are some inexperienced people on here who might be those five that say they do it all of the time. Pushing any battery limits put stress on the battery and puts stress on your device and ultimate is how things get dangerous.

Threads like this scare me for the future of vaping legality. I would bet a lot of money that within 2 years mechanical mods and rebuildables will be a black market item. Geez I sound like my dad but why push the limits so much?

To bad there isn't a test you have to take before you buy one. :) I think it is a little unfair to blame the whole culture of Cloud Chasing for the few that don't get the simple Safety First rule. It could have a adverse affect on vaping... but then look at the people that blow up their Ego batteries because they don't follow simple safety then cry about it.

(Sarcasm) Oh I don't know why my battery exploded I only had it on my Phone Charger over night. It has a USB plug just like my Phone....

At least he asking before doing.

Yeah, the point I was trying to make is that "opinion" on safety is not safety. Besides the safety comes from the user, not the product. A knife as a product is totally safe unless you put it in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to handle it. Is a 20ft extension ladder safe? Well, sure it is if you know how to use it.

I'm sure there are a LOT of people who just read these posts and never make posts themselves and just trust what they read on a post and hope somebody responsible has posted.

No offense to you Cyan, but your post came off like you were looking for opinions. This is science, man. There are laws involved. There is a correct way to go about sub ohming with safety.

I understand where y'all are coming from, that's why I asked. I guess i was miss informed by someone that say the chart wasn't accurate with some batteries. I wouldn't do anything that could possibly hurt me an that's the reason I came to people who are more experienced than I am. Thankyou all for the replys and for looking out for noobies to mech mods like myself!

There is a risk with anything you do. Can it hurt you if you dip down to .2, it could. The battery can handle it, in certain situations.... new battery, no weird defects, etch, but its not designed to do it, and if you do it too much on that battery it most likely could fail and vent, or worse case, blow up on you.

Have I built sub-ohm coils, yes I have, do I use it as a daily, all day vape, no. I always have my MVP 2 near by, or another mech with a higher resistance coil.

At the end of the day only you can decide if the risks are worth it or not, and only you will decide to do it or not. Listen to your instincts, not random strangers on a forum. Do your research, and make the decision for yourself. That is the bet advice I can give you, I'm sure its not what you wanted to hear, but maybe it is what you needed to hear. :)

Bottom line, can and should are relative..... Many do, and with plenty of experience and knowledge of what goes into it then do as you like. If you are just starting out with building coils, useing batts, mechs, drippers etc... Best advice is to keep it simple and let yourself gain knowledge. If it were me, and I had the least bit of concern about a batts capability, I'd get a better batt. No reason to push an envelope that doesn't need to be pushed my friend. Good luck.