Senators warn of carcinogens in e-cigarettes

Roxabox

http://www.13wham.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/senators-warn-carcinogen-risk-ecigarettes-11773.shtml

I know there has been a similar topic about this but sometimes I wonder if there are actual risks to smoking e-cigs or if the government just wants to regulate and tax e-cigarettes since it's taking from their tobacco earnings. I hate seeing articles like this because I feel so good about quitting the traditional cigarette and smoking my e-cig. Now I worry about smoking my e-cig. :dizzy:

Here is my take on this. This is an example of how the FDA works. The regulations that they just put out would only allow Cigalike devices. These are what Big tobacco has started to put on the market. This "New Study" has come out demonizing "Tank Systems" which if what the FDA, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma would like to see go away. These are the devices that are helping people quit and hurting the profits of these Fat Cat bullies. Coincidence? I think not it was planed.

Comp is right on!

Don't forget, if you look close enough and hard enough at ANYTHING you can find trace elements that are carcinogens. The point is that the amounts are so low when compared to smoking it's a no brainer. These kinds of reports love to exaggerate the downsides.

Yes, politicians are SUCH an authority on everything... (sarcasm).

Big tobacco is losing money by people quitting, and they are late to the party on e-cigs (Blu, Swisher, etc). They hate tank vapers because they're not getting any $ from it. Gov't is losing $ from sin-tax revenues due to decreased tobacco sales, which is why cigarette taxes have sky-rocketed in the past decade. All these things are tax-driven motivation to step on the vaping industry to demonize vaping, classify it as "unhealthy", and then they (gov't, FDA, EPA, etc.) can step in and regulate and tax the insustry to satisfy their desire for our tax-dollars.

I've tried Blu and Swisher e-cigars... they are decent for the first 5 puffs... and they cost as much (or more) as a pack of analogs, yet don't last as long. This is the reason I switched to a tank system. After initial invetment of equipment, I was happily vaping all week for less than the price of a pack of analogs!

This is why we must fight against gov't regulation and taxation of vape equipment and e-juices! The gov't cut their own throats by pushing to eliminate smoking, yet still relying on cigarette taxes as a major source of revenue. Now they're crying "foul" and looking for their next "demon" to capitalize on for tax revenue. They want to regulate nicotine and all the transfer devices... yet I've not seen the first FDA regulation or sin-tax on nicotine patches or nicotine gum... then again, sales of these items is nowhere near the sales (and taxation potential) of the vaping industry!

Edited by Earthling789