Show us your gardens!

Here is a few picks of the general garden from last year. The bottom two pics are the peppers and tomatoes we started for this year.

Tomato and Squash beds

6a70614442a0fb9877b48113e82b9d6e.jpg

Cucumber and pepper beds with the misc bed in the background

c90bbeb0d350061a5c38039589cbc220.jpg

Herb Boxes

398ec8087a3a353a45d15f1d6a586148.jpg

This years plants

null_zps1a7dac99.jpg

null_zpsbf40ebb3.jpg

And where do you live so I can come scoop up some stuff? Lol! We aren't doing a garden until we are in our final home and the garden I normally pick from won't be grown this year. My mom is working full time and her garden is full time. :(

I normally go to my moms with two suitcases and come back completely loaded with fresh veggies. I then can my own spaghetti sauce, salsa, freeze stuff, and enjoy fresh NC veggies during the cold MD winters.

The garden pics are from last year. We won't be planting until 5/24. We just transplanted from seedlings to individual pots today. Our cucumbers, beans and squash will be direct seeded next weekend.

null_zps019b869b.jpg

null_zpsbf40ebb3.jpg

null_zpse7f8db69.jpg

I was wondering how you got the plants so big so early in the planting season! Lol.

Originally, I was planning to grow my garden this year but there's too much on my plate and I can't add one more thing. Well, not the elaborate garden I was planning anyway. Might still put in some tomatoes and a few yellow squash, though. I love fresh-from-my-own-garden veggies. :)

Keep an update on how your garden goes, Proetus? You're giving me some ideas on raised beds. :D

We don't even plant before Mothers Day around here, still could snow!

Do you use the water from your breeding systems for the garden? I've seen that work great for ppl. Even a growing method designed around it that raises talapia at the same time.

Yes but very low tech, I drain my fish water into a barrel with a sump pump in it, and water the backyard with it. I have sen some very elaborate aquaponic systems, and my friend down south raises Restaraunt quality Tilapia with it, lettuce beds, and alligator waste ...