Advice please on nic level, pg/vg & throat issues

Hi everyone, I've been reading thru the threads here for quite awhile looking for topics about this. I have found some, but without direct answers to my question...so I decided to post myself.

I used ecigs over 5 years ago, bought on line, filled my own carts, etc... They worked good and helped my wife and I both cut way back on analogs. But it was a lot of work always filling carts, replacing filler material, etc...

We kinda just put them aside and went back to full cig smoking unfortunately. Until a week ago when we found a vape shop close by and bought 2 'vape pens', Kangertech EVODs. Got plenty of juice, extra coils, chargers and carrying case for me for a good price.

I know many of you will advise me to go with better equipment and I'm sure at some point I will do that. For now we're very happy with these, they work great and are so much easier to use than ecigs. The vapor production is excellent, the throat hits also. But for me(much less for my wife), I have a burning sensation in my throat when I inhale the whole hit.

One way I've found to avoid it is doing half cigar/half cig style inhale, don't allow the whole hit in my throat...works good, but I'd like to be able to inhale as I always did with analogs. I need the throat hit or I don't enjoy it as much. So main question is, could it be that we got full strength nicotine juice...or could it be that it's 50/50 pg/vg that's causing the burn for me?

If I were to cut down the nic level, or cut down the pg level(I'm assuming it's the pg that would cause it, or is it vg?) would that get rid of the burn?

As a second question, my wife has had trouble sleeping since we started...no issue with that for me. But that would be too much nicotine right?

Thanks so much for any help!!

With that high of nic you will have a strong throat hit. I would agree that you need a higher NIC just coming off analogs. With 50/50 and 24mg nic it is unavoidable. You could go with a higher VG juice and that would help. Problem is you will start getting dry hits. I would go with a 30pg/70vg and 18mg nic it will still have a throat hit but less burn.

Do not think you need any of the fancy expensive stuff you hear people using. I am over a year analog free. I started with 24mg and now use 18mg and occasionally 24. Probably will the rest of my life. I also prefer Vision Spinners and Kanger Evod VVs over any mod personally. I like the ease and complete lack of maintenance. I have a Vamo but it barely gets used. I am quite fond of the Kanger Evod 1000mah VVs I just got. The only drawback is they do not work with my lanyard but are great pocket units.

The not sleeping is most likely due to your body detoxing from the other hundreds of deadly chemicals in cigarettes besides Nicotine.

I take a long draw into my mouth, inhale, then exhale just like an analog except my draw is much longer lol.

That's what I seem to remember from my research years ago, less pg, less burn. But not sure what 'dry hit' means?

I would like to continue to buy juice from this store, from a convenience standpoint, but far as I know they only do 50/50. I will look into buying it online if needed, and suggestion for a good seller with different ratios available?

Thank you!

Are these tobbaco flavors? For me, some flavors just have more of a bite than others even at 24mg.

This too. Also what Comp said is right. I mainly use PG Free liquids now and have no problems in my tanks with factory coils. There is 0 throat hit even in the 24mg level.

That's what I seem to remember from my research years ago, less pg, less burn. But not sure what 'dry hit' means?

I would like to continue to buy juice from this store, from a convenience standpoint, but far as I know they only do 50/50. I will look into buying it online if needed, and suggestion for a good seller with different ratios available?

Thank you!

I have 5 vape shops within a few miles of my house and have been in one exactly once. For liquids these are my recommendations. I find most (all I have been into) brick and mortar stores to be overpriced and undereducated:

GREAT boutique style liquids:

Fadora Vapor

Five Pawns

Fuzion Vapor (All I use personally)

Good suppliers of what I would consider "mid grade" liquids:

ECBlends

VapeDudes

Sweet-Vapes (I get all my hardware here)

Edited by bcartervol98

The flavors we bought were 'ice menthol'(we're both menthol smokers), a fruit one, and mocha. All 3 are great in the flavor dept. Like I said, everything works fine...it's just the throat irritation for me that I'd like to solve.

I thought maybe the ice was the problem, much as I like it...I went to mocha and still get the burn if I inhale the whole hit. Haven't tried the fruit flavor other than a hit or 2, tasted good...but was mainly for the wife. But now she's sticking with the menthol mostly and having no throat issues.

I think we will try lower nicotine next time, and I'll look at the online stores that were recommended for a better pg/vg ratio. Hopefully that will be the ticket.

Thanks very much for all the info!

Lots of great advice here. Just want to second that juice is key thing with re to throat hit. You will just have to experiment but QUALITY juice is key.

I bet that comp (Fedora) can tailor up a juice for you (mint medely) that will be right in your wheelhouse.

I will say that Compenstine and his juice pretty much was the answer to what i've been "chasing"

The down side is that now I have a lot of juice that just doesn't cut it, I'm sure with Fadora a lot of it is flavor, but there's also more to it in my opinion. If anyone can help solve what's causing this problem (which is very unfortunate) my money's on Compenstine.

His juice is so extraordinary, my girlfriend asked me to find another term because she was tired of hearing me talk about another man's juice and my great awakening.

:blushing: Awwww Thanks guys! Yes I do mix my juice per order and I'm very flexible because of that. It think it the way it should be, true Boutique Juice. I will work with you to get something that is just right for you.

His juice is so extraordinary, my girlfriend asked me to find another term because she was tired of hearing me talk about another man's juice and my great awakening.

LMAO :D

I will say that Compenstine and his juice pretty much was the answer to what i've been "chasing"

The down side is that now I have a lot of juice that just doesn't cut it, I'm sure with Fadora a lot of it is flavor, but there's also more to it in my opinion. If anyone can help solve what's causing this problem (which is very unfortunate) my money's on Compenstine.

I have definitely given away more juice in the last year than I have vaped. I went nuts at first, then found what I like and am set now.

It is so important to find a juice that works well for your needs. As bcarter said, it takes some trial and error to find what you like that is why I think trying different brands is so important and there is no shortage of juice you can try.

Thanks again everyone, I don't get online much but I'll be coming back here as often as possible...especially as I venture into new equipment.

For the moment I did buy some lower nic juice to mix with the full strength I have, and sure enough that was the problem. Able to draw the way I want with little to no burn, sure the burn will go away completely as I drop the nic level more.

Once this juice is gone I plan to get some juice on line and find what I like best.

:thumbup: