The age old debate - Mech VS VV/VW (But not as to which is better)

Ok, so I started out with an Innokin iTaste VV 3.0, then quickly moved over to a Sigelei 20w. Last night I got my hands on my first mech, Stingray Clone. What gives here?!?! I always enjoyed RDAs and the tuning of the coils to try and get a smoother hit on my VV mods. But now, for the hell of it, I went sub ohm on this mech using a Sony 18650, and I can't believe how smooth the hit is! I mean, I have gone low ohm, 1.2-1.4 on my VV and it was harsh IMO. The throat hit was something fierce and that is simply not something I am looking for. But on this mech, even at sub ohm its super smooth and the flavor is like tasting these all for the first time again! I have totally fallen in love with mechs now and rediscovered my love for RDAs. Right now I am running a dual micro .76ohm build on my Quasar and a .65ohm on my Trident. Its like a whole new world. Anyone have any input as to why a mech's output just seems to jive better with RDA's or is this just me? Either way, I am SOLD!

A mechanical would allow all the the voltage and current the battery has if using an IMR to be available for use. VV or VW circuitry has to use magic to do what you set it to do. Since energy cannot be created or destroyed you cannot possibly get more out of a battery than what it has to offer.Something is giving somewhere.

I am a muscle car guy, although I do drive a WRX... But in my heart, its all about american muscle, and I am thinking I'm a mech guy at heart too. I just still can't wrap my mind around how much vapor production you get and that its still so smooth. I still enjoy my VW with a tank, but I'm hooked on the mechs for sure.

I used to really be against mech mods. Until I met my husband and he was a mech-mod-activist (practically). He got me hooked and sub ohm is pretty good spot for me. The flavor is great, the clouds are great, and the smoke is cool. I rarely get those harsh hits or those burning hits and overall it's just a smooth vaping session. I built my current coil at a .7 ohm and that's typically where I like to keep it. I think anything below a .5 is just ambitious and, quite frankly, too much vapor for me to actually enjoy the vaping. As long as it's done safely, it's a great transition in your vaping experience. My husband vapes at a .14 ohm but he absolutely loves large clouds. They can get really big and thick and just crazy. One hit from his makes the whole bedroom cloudy. But the flavor is crazy, too. The only downside I have with sub ohm builds is that they tend to use a lot of liquid. But unless you're super paranoid about using a few more drops it's not that major of a difference.

I drip all day every day so I'm all about a mech.

However when I am driving, it's impossible to drip unless my husband or another adult is riding with me, so I'll be using my vamo vv/vw and nautilus tank. I sub ohm and my sweet spot is between .20-.24.

People think that voltage and wattage is what controls their vaping, but in reality it's the amperage.

The new 30 watt mods are getting closer to what a mech can do amp wise, but last I checked they are only half way there.

They do have the flat DC constant voltage down in a mod in the higher end products.

HAHAHA! Joe, I hear ya! Bring on the 100w 4 channel vapes!!! Thats gonna be like the guy who put juice in a fog machine on youtube!

I rebuilt my RDAs last night and they are both barely sub ohm, around .95. I am going to vape them this week and see how I like it. I enjoy the flavor and the clouds are fun, but they definitely eat up a battery. I am doing a little experimenting to find that sweet spot between flavor and battery life. I'd rather not have to carry a spare battery with me, but if thats what it takes then thats what I'll do. So far I am loving my mech. The one thing though is that it doesn't seem to work well with my Aerotank. There is a 2.0 ohm coil in there so I am thinking that is whats going on. Luckily I should have a Kayfun to play with this evening and then we will see where we are with the RTA on a mech!

HAHAHA!  Joe, I hear ya!  Bring on the 100w 4 channel vapes!!!  Thats gonna be like the guy who put juice in a fog machine on youtube! 

I rebuilt my RDAs last night and they are both barely sub ohm, around .95.  I am going to vape them this week and see how I like it.  I enjoy the flavor and the clouds are fun, but they definitely eat up a battery.  I am doing a little experimenting to find that sweet spot between flavor and battery life.  I'd rather not have to carry a spare battery with me, but if thats what it takes then thats what I'll do.  So far I am loving my mech.  The one thing though is that it doesn't seem to work well with my Aerotank.   There is a 2.0 ohm coil in there so I am thinking that is whats going on.  Luckily I should have a Kayfun to play with this evening and then we will see where we are with the RTA on a mech!  

I have a KFL+ on a Nemesis with a vtc4 at 1.5 ohms and the flavor is amazing. If flavor is what your after the kfl+ is what you need. From what i have read its not wise to sub ohm with the kfl+. Its a flavor maker not a cloud maker. :D