Looking for a mod

I am looking for a mod to get for my birthday coming up. I have been using a mech mod with an igo-w using an mnke 18650 battery.

I have been running right around .3 ohms and I only know that because I have used other peoples mods to check my coils. I don't have anything that will check ohms.

You shouldn't use mods to check the ohms of your coils. Those are not always accurate and could pose a safety hazard. The first thing you'll want to get for your birthday coming up is a dedicated ohm checker. Get that even before spending money for a new mod. We want to see you having more than just this birthday. SAFETY FIRST!

Ok. No more checking ohms with APV's! This has to stop! If you don't have an ohms checker, stop building coils and definitely stop sub-ohming! There are a lot of us here that use mech mods and sub-ohm, and we all do it safely or we dont do it!

Any tragic failure will end up on the news and we don't want or need any more bad press or scrutiny of our lifestyle!

We get posts like this here at least 4-5 times a week.

SAFETY FIRST!

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of bs has to stop

Wife always puts money aside for kids and bdays so I know there is money for it soon. I am going to be working at a vApe shop at the beginning of the month as well so I can get stuff a bit cheaper than at most b&m stores and no shipping costs.

I figure I can budget for about $120 for toys for my bday

VV/VW APV's (advanced personal vaporizers: not mods) can range anywhere from $55 to $250. Please... I rather see someone on the news for stealing $20 for an ohm reader than seeing their face ripped to shreds by a mech mod with a coil build checked on an APV that failed and caused a battery to vent.

They're cool, to be sure... But they're not toys. A lot of research and knowledge of ohms law and battery safety is PARAMOUNT.

They can kill you.

Josh did you not read all I just wrote. Please review previous posts before migraine starts and I have to start handing out the Tylenol.

Jeff, no she puts money aside for all our bdays and Xmas. And all the rest of the years occasions.

Your not understanding this is very serious and you really need to follow a learning process, these members have done this and are simply not going to help you blow something up, or someone by diving in cheap and foolishly..

you want to learn the proper way to do this carefully you've got The Best that will help nut you have to do this process by process or no deal.

And I plan to mtdobies. That's why I don't put power to my builds until I know what they are.

I want a digital mod so I can keep a constant vApe and know what I am vaping at all times.

So on and so on.

I don't really want to keep repeating myself. I plan on getting an atty ohm meter as soon as I can.

Then wait until you do so, its exciting and clouds are amazing but they can be pretty cool in the meantime, the only clouds you could see if one of these blows up from going about it too fast...

I Dont do coils and the fancy stuff so can't help you there.. k

and these guys get tired of repeating themselves when people Wont listen to safety so maybe sit back read through the forum stuff and take notes relax.move slower and then ask the questions okay?

I am not sub ohming because I want the clouds but more so that I love the way it delivers the flavor and the way it hits. I have gone from 24% to 6-0% in 2 months.

I am just looking for what is right for me and sub ohms deliver that. Said and done.

And I plan to mtdobies. That's why I don't put power to my builds until I know what they are.

I want a digital mod so I can keep a constant vApe and know what I am vaping at all times.

So on and so on.

I don't really want to keep repeating myself. I plan on getting an atty ohm meter as soon as I can.

Go to any Discount Tool store and buy a Multimeter for $9.99. It is more accurate than any APV Repeat, More Accurate than Any APV. APV's will not give you an accurate reading. You keep saying you want the APV so it can tell you these things They are not Accurate... We are not saying this because we are not reading your post, we are, that is why we keep repeating Don'T trust an APV for accurate readings.

I'll say this, and then I'll get off my soapbox. In your first post, you said that you check your builds on a friends "mod". Did you use something like the MVP, VTR style of device? (Btw, they are APVs. The word "mod" is "generally" reserved for mechs)

If so, then you have to understand that they are not a reliable indicator of accurate ohms. As an example, I have built a 0.32 ohm setup using my ohm reader and then on a whim, put the atty on my MVP to check it and it read 0.87. Thats 0.55 +- accuracy.

Thats + or - and you'd be hard pressed to get two MVPs to have the same accuracy difference.

You "could" possibly be lower than 0.3 ohms and could possibly overstress the battery and cause it to "vent". This could result in turning your mech mod into a hand grenade.

If I went a bit overboard, its only 'cause I'm passionate about vaping and the extra levels of safety we need to observe when using mechanical mods.

Ty josh. And yes I was testing on an mvp2 for my builds. Good to know and Ty.

I was getting irritated at you a little bit because you didn't come straight at the issue like you did just now. Had you done so my responses would have been nicer as well.

I got my pos harbor freight multimeter to work just now and it says I am running .5 ohms where the mvp2 would not read.

I am safe to vApe .

Again I don't want grenades and bad publicity the media does a dandy job at finding stupid. I am looking for good advice and vaping friends here.

As it is I have organized an group for my area and have already had two successful meets and working on another for the near future. If there is anyone who cares about long term and short term health of this it's me and my family of 5.

Thank you again to all and please let's get back to my original question if possible lol.

Ill get scolded for this but I really don't care. I use my evic to check my ohms and have been since I started dripping over 6 months ago. I've also performed several venting experiments for batteries in controlled environments. I have yet to blow myself up. The new Sony batteries can sub ohm well over 60 amps pulsing under 30 seconds. That's under 0.15 ohms. So if you have solid knowledge on vaping and battery safety, even if your device is slightly off. You will still be safe.

Slam me all you want but I have tons of experience on this matter.

Slam me all you want but I have tons of experience on this matter.

YOU may have tons of experience in these things but people new to vaping probably will not and will only see you saying that it's okay to check coil builds on APVs. They won't know that you need the proper batteries to sub ohm safely. That's where we'll get on you. We're trying to teach new vapers to play it safe in a way that's uniform so we don't say do this to one and don't do that to another.