Tried my first (last) analog after 6 months being smoke free

Tom74

I still have a lot of friends who have no desire to quit smoking and today I was with one of them.

I have to say, the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseated after 6 months of having been smoke free but after a few beers I asked my friend if I could have one of his cigarettes. I held onto it till I got home. I kept asking myself, do you really want to put this stupid thing in your mouth, smell like the bowling alley bar and hate everything about yourself again?

Well I guess I was pretty buzzed because once I got home I walked outside (no way do I ever want my house to smell like cigarette trash again) went around the corner (so none of my neighbors could see me) and lit it up....

On the first drag I immediately remembered the familiar taste of what tobacco smoke tastes like on the pallet... SH!T!

The second drag had my conscious asking me why are you doing this!!!?

And 1/2 way through the third drag the cigarette was under my shoe while I squashed it out!

Tobacco is NASTY! Never EVER again will it put one of those stupid coffin nails in my mouth!

So proud to be smoke free!

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't believe how fast vaping turned me off of cigarettes completely once I got the right juice and nic content. I didn't set a goal of quitting analogs completely, although I was planning to eventually for my girlfriend/future wife and the kiddos.

Once the cravings weren't so strong, cigarettes tasted so nasty and made me feel so bad, so without the strong cravings there just wasn't a lot of motivations considering the pros vs cons.

Has it surprised anyone how strong and awful the smell is when a smoking coworker comes into your office or you smell someone around you that is a smoker? Even hours later although the "whiff" when they walk by isn't as forceful it's still an awful, strong, "wow I can't believe I ever smelled that bad" type of smell for me.