Tips on maintaining your clearomizer tanks to get the most use out of them

Clearomizer tanks contain a couple of basic parts. You have your mouth piece, tank, coil and wicks (not all clearomizers contain wicks) that all work together to help give you a decently large cloud of vapor and taste. When your coil starts to wear out, you will experience a nasty dry or burnt taste that usually indicates that the wicks or e juice is starting to burn. The best way to keep your coil from becoming warn and your wicks and juice from burning is to know how to keep your clearomizer tanks in top working order. There are a few steps you can take to maintain your tanks and get the most life out of your clearomizers.

1. Never take more then 5 second vape hits at a time.

2. Wait 15 or 20 seconds between vape hits.

3. Never vape while tank is warm.

4. Do not vape e juice below 1/4 of a tank before refilling.

5. Clean clearomizer tanks after every 4 or 5 refills or when using a different e juice flavor or brand. Remove clearomizer from battery and fill tank with water and shake for 10 seconds. Empty water from clearomizer and repeat 3 to 4 more times to completely remove any remaining e juice build up from the wicks and coil. Shake out any remining water from tank and dry the wicks and coil by vaping out the moisture until you no longer hear a loud gurgling or sizzling sound. Be careful not to overheat or vape while tank is warm..

Following these 5 steps will add an extra month or more life to your coils and save you money in the long run...

I have been able to extend the life of Vivi Nova coils by tugging the scorched portion of the wick out of the coil with a pair of tweezers .But for no more than they cost it is a tossup whether it is worth the effort as there is not much better in life than a new fresh coil and wick assembly.

I have been vaping for a while now and this is what has worked for me as far extending the life of my wicks and coils. You will of course need to change your coil and wick assembly when you start approaching your second month of using them. This will help at least keep you from having to change your coils every 2 to 3 weeks...

While I find those tips good, I'm sure I don't do ANY of them.

Then again I get 5 days max from my Nautilus coils. I could get a month's use from them if I tried, bAlways juice would just be wasted seeing I'd only get 1/2 the flavor from my juices.

But as a rules doing the tips would help new people learn that tanks do need maintenance which do also, just not the way you suggested.

I'd add what I do as good tips also.

Blow coil out to get any gunk out and then add 4-5 drop into the chimney end and blow that out and then add 3 drops to prime it and then put it back into the tank.

Always clean the center tube out so it dry with a piece of twisted paper towel.

Clean all threads and contacts so they don't have dried gunk on them that will cause electrical resistance to the coil. Also check your battery and tanks 510 connections and clean those.

Edited by Dasfriek

I change coils every 4 or 5 tank fills and throw them in a zip lock bag. When I get 10 or 12 I put them in a glass of water with a denture tablet and let them soak for 8 hours, just enough water to cover them good. then take them out dry them off and let them set for a day and they are just like new again. I think the key is to not let them get too dirty/ burnt before cleaning them. But they seem to last forever before I have to rebuild them...

Wes

Clearomizer tanks contain a couple of basic parts. You have your mouth piece, tank, coil and wicks (not all clearomizers contain wicks) that all work together to help give you a decently large cloud of vapor and taste. When your coil starts to wear out, you will experience a nasty dry or burnt taste that usually indicates that the wicks or e juice is starting to burn. The best way to keep your coil from becoming warn and your wicks and juice from burning is to know how to keep your clearomizer tanks in top working order. There are a few steps you can take to maintain your tanks and get the most life out of your clearomizers.

1. Never take more then 5 second vape hits at a time.

2. Wait 15 or 20 seconds between vape hits.

3. Never vape while tank is warm.

4. Do not vape e juice below 1/4 of a tank before refilling.

5. Clean clearomizer tanks after every 4 or 5 refills or when using a different e juice flavor or brand. Remove clearomizer from battery and fill tank with water and shake for 10 seconds. Empty water from clearomizer and repeat 3 to 4 more times to completely remove any remaining e juice build up from the wicks and coil. Shake out any remining water from tank and dry the wicks and coil by vaping out the moisture until you no longer hear a loud gurgling or sizzling sound. Be careful not to overheat or vape while tank is warm..

Following these 5 steps will add an extra month or more life to your coils and save you money in the long run...

I'm glad this works for you. I would find it a bother when rebuilt coils last a good long time with a simple cotton rewick and a dry burn.

I change coils every 4 or 5 tank fills and throw them in a zip lock bag. When I get 10 or 12 I put them in a glass of water with a denture tablet and let them soak for 8 hours, just enough water to cover them good. then take them out dry them off and let them set for a day and they are just like new again. I think the key is to not let them get too dirty/ burnt before cleaning them. But they seem to last forever before I have to rebuild them...

Wes

I would not use denture tablets as they contain chems that would leave a residue in the wick. Not knowing what chems they use and how heat affects then I find it unsettling. Just because it can safe for dentures does not mean it would be safe exposed to the heat of a coil. Some chems when heated can turn to a gas and be very harmful. Just not something I would vape.

Wes

To date there hasn't been enough long term studies done on vaping to say it's totally harmless. From all the benefits we've seen from vapers so far -- we can say with some confidence -- that it's less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

That said, why would you want to ingest more chemicals than you need to? Denture cleaning tablets must have some pretty caustic chemicals in them to get all the stains off of dentures. These chemicals get into the wick and stay there. Because denture tablets are made for an entirely different purpose and are not meant to be heated and inhaled, I would be very apprehensive to use them to clean wicks.

Many of us on the forum use vodka to clean wicks and coils or just plain hot water. You can do what you want but Comp makes some really good points and my opinion is just something to think about. YMMV.