What causes Tank Gurgling?

I recently purchased an Innokin 134 Mini and it came with an iClear X.I. No matter what eJuice I put in that thing, it seems to gurgle. I have tried it on several mods and it does the same thing. Is this fixable or do I just have to live with it? Also, what technically is happening?

A few technicalities:

• All of my eJuices are quality USA
  • All are 50/50
  • I typically only fill the thank 1/2 full. The liquid goes to the 2.0ML mark.
  • I've run probably 2.5 tanks of eJuice through it and it's done it since the 1st vape to the last.

Any ideas?

Although I've never used an iClear X.1, I do have some experience with other (similarly-designed) BCC tanks and clearos. In just about every case I've seen, gurgling is due to e-liquid getting past the wicking material and flooding the central air flue. For some reason or another, it seems to me that the coil heads that come with the tanks are almost always prone to gurgling and leaking. The 5-packs of replacement coils usually aren't as bad as the originals, but it's really just a crap shoot with them, too.

If you want to enjoy your BCC tank experience to the utmost, you're going to have to either: 1) learn how to rebuild them yourself, or 2) find someone who'll do it for you. I rebuild mine using a larger diameter wick which effectively blocks leaks into the coil housing, but isn't so tight as to inhibit juice flow.

For more information on how to rebuild BCC heads (it really easy), click

Edited by Rixter

Its funny you should say this. I've always said that rebuiling aint for me but after seeing some of the KayFun vids, I think I'm going to give it a shot soon. I am disappointed that the iClear is gurgling. None of my other tanks (Nautilus, ProTank II, ProTank III) do that.

E juices that are 50/50 are too thick

They're too thick for...what? I use 50/50 exclusively in my Anyvape Davide, Davide mini, KPT, KPT2, KPT3 and Aerotank just to name a few and they're not too thick for those.

When I first started vaping I used CE4 clearomizers, and thry were so bad that 50/50 was too thick for the wick to soak it up fast enough. Thank God I do not use those anymore. Now I really like 50/50, and I have no problem soaking it up in my vision clearomizer or anything else that I use! :)

E juices that are 50/50 are too thick

Are you out of your mind? I like, generally, 60/40 (VG/PG) or better on my juices and have NO problems.

I have seen where juice can bleed in through the wicking into the atomizer air tube. Just remove the atomizer and blow out the juice. I have had to do this to a KPT2 and iClear 30B. It is because I left juice in them for extended periods where I wasnt using them for vaping. Blew out the juice and no more gurgling.