Oh no, bad news for Vapers

zonomo

If I know our idiotic politicians, they are going to use this story to score quick points by "appearing" that they're doing something useful. The end result will be more freedom taken away and more restrictions on normal law abiding vapers. No to start a holy war here but this is not too dissimilar to the battle being waged over guns. There some very bad people (criminals) who do bad things with guns so the public overreacts and punishes the responsible law abiding citizens. You may not be a gun owner but if you want freedom, you'll support their rights. As i've always said to my non-gun owner friends who *think* that issue has nothing to do with them, I tell them that sooner or later your freedom will be abridged for something you DO care about it. The eCig legislation stories are case in point. I dont know about you but it has never ever occurred to me to drink a bottle of eJuice nor mix it with a drink. But now that someone's done this, the rest of us will be be not only punished but put into the category of irresponsibility.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/21/new-concerns-about-e-cigarettes-after-kids-drink-nicotine

Kids these days, jeez. In my day they were huffing room deodorizer called locker room. One of my classmates died doing that. I keep my stuff far out of reach of my 4 year old, but she would know better anyway.

If it came down to it I would still sell my flavors at -0- nic. It would be typical to punish everyone for a select few of brainless commonsenseless people. If they did restrictions on Nic in fluid, they should also start restrictions on Gas, Spray paint..etc as well.Child proof bottles are Not going to stop teens misusing he product. It will not stop a dog from chewing on the bottle.It is so easy to go out and buy a $20 lock box and keep your family and pets safe.

Teens drinking it for the high... You can take away the NIC from the juice, but they will just move on to something else. They don't think about how what they do affects more than just them. Time has proven they probably won't either.

Let's point to some obvious idiocy:

Lawmakers across the country are now looking at new regulations that would require child-proof caps on the vials.

That's the last paragraph of the story. Lets move back to the headline and another excerpt:

Teens Drink Liquid Nicotine (and)

Teens have reportedly been drinking the nicotine on purpose in some instances, mixing it with energy drinks to get a quick high.

Could someone, ANYONE, tell me, how the F are child proof caps gonna help?!

...Being the political party to save a life sounds better on the podium to the sheeple than being the political party that gave people freedom to be stupid.

Sounds better to me. Giving people the freedom to be stupid and the rich the ability to exploit them always negatively impacts, not just them, but many others around them.

We also saw how the lax banking regulations nearly bankrupt our country and in the process threw millions of hard working folks into the street. Were they stupid? Maybe. Does that mean they should be exploited in the name of freedom (or profits)? An enlightened country needs look out for all it's citizens, seems like you would prefer we live like many of the 3rd world nations where the ruling class lives in mansions with gold toilets and with fleets of Roll Royces while the majority of it's citizens live in squalor, families huddled in shanties where basic human needs like sanitation and clean water are ignored.

If you think your government is looking out for you then this conversation is already over. Sorry to break it to you but we do not live in an "enlightened country". Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Our govt is too powerful and only cares about getting re elected. They don't care about you.

Banking regs? Really? So you want regs on e-liquid and e-cigs?

Edited by METALHEAD

Once the Feds get involved its over. Prices will skyrocket, say goodby to clones and mechanicals as they won't be "safe". FDA will require certified labs to make juice tripling the price and penalties for disobidenece will deter any "average joe" without a good lawer to startup a business. Permits will be expensive and difficult to obtain. All in the name of " we did something to save a life" so vote for me.

OH NO!! Are you guys saying the govt. really isn't here to help us?!! We're not really doing everything "for the children"?!! And .... we've been lied to all this time?!! And I've been nothing more than a good little worker bee my entire 60+ years of life?!! And .... and ..... and ......

OH NO!! Are you guys saying the govt. really isn't here to help us?!! We're not really doing everything "for the children"?!! And .... we've been lied to all this time?!! And I've been nothing more than a good little worker bee my entire 60+ years of life?!! And .... and ..... and ......

Lmao!

• 1 month later...

bottom line big Pharma is loosing money on stop smoking drugs etc... while Tax revenue on tobacco has declined. The Gov can't afford for people to quit smoking, they need the healthcare dollars and tax revenue