My DNA 30 Wood Mod & Stand Project

Compenstine

Ok so this is a little early but I figured I would get the topic started. This will be a DNA 30 MOD and matching Stand project. For those already showing interest in the MOD I'll be doing, here is a sneak peak at the wood I will be using. This is 1st Gen Mahogany. The camera is dated late 20s early 30s (honestly don't remember the exact date) I will post the exact date later as I find the piece that it is on. ;)

Original Camera as it is, This is only 1 of 4 pieces to this camera. Originally it was used in a print shop to make copies. So Yes, it is an original Xerox LOL. The Camera is only valued at about $200 as a camera The wood is worth Way more than the camera so I have no problem using it for this project.

gallery_1116_216_50202.jpg

This is a section that I lightly sanded and gave it a coat of Linseed oil to protect it.

gallery_1116_216_26479.jpg

This is the original finish also with some Linseed oil to bring out the grain and sheen. This picture does not really do it Justice!

gallery_1116_216_1789.jpg

I hope to start working on this very soon, I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can use my shop in comfort. LOL I have most of the parts and will be starting it even though I'm still looking for everything I need.

LOL Yes and no I'm afraid of scaring people away at the moment. I want to get further into the project before I set any kind of price. Who knows the DNA 30 may be old news and the DNA 40 will be the next big thing LOL. The wood is the most valuable part of this whole mod. The DNA 30 is peanuts compared to it. It will not be cheap but yeah in the +/-$300-$500 range with the stand. Mind you that can easily change with time depending on what the market will bare.