Coil cleaning help.

In five years of vaping I have not found a need to dry burn. I made some attempts at cleaning atomisers back in the day when during Chinese New Year you couldn't buy one to save your soul and I have found when a coil gets carboned up it is pretty much not gonna deliver the quality and quantity of a new one. With the cost and availability of this stuff these days it simply isn't worth the effort unless you want to switch flavors and usually having several devices loaded with different flavors makes that unecceasry. But that is just me. I am sure there are some folks who swear by it and that is ok with me.

Edited by mcquinn

I'm not familiar with the iTaste 30b, but on my kanger protank which is also a dual bottom coil, I remove the Pyrex tank so the 510 connector plate and coil are still screwed in to my mod, then I take the metal shaft and silicone collar off the wick, so the actual coil is exposed, if there is excess juice on the wick I use a qtip or papertowel to dab it off, and then I press and hold the fire button for 5-10 seconds at a time until the remaining liquid is vaporized off the wick and its dry, then you continue pressing and holding the fire button for 5-8 seconds until the coil starts to turn completely red, I let it stay red for a second or two then let go of the button and let the wick go back to normal color, then I repeat the process several times until all the gunk is burned off the coil. As the coil first starts to heat up you might see some dark smoke which is the carbon deposits burning, and it smells pretty bad for a few seconds, after you've "dry burned" the coil red a couple times and it's no longer creating any smoke/vapor you're good to go.

I don't clean my coils other than blow them out when I refill the tank.

I'm with mcquinn in that once a coil reaches a certain point no cleaning makes it work anything close to what a new one would.

This is why I rebuild my PT coils, or just buy new ones since they are rather inexpensive and last a week or 2 even with heavy use.

This is becoming an issue the the new dual coils in the Aero tanks. They use much more power and I'm trashing them in 2 days use now. And since they aren't as cheap I'm gonna have to start rebuilding these or buying in bulk online as they are $3 each locally.

I don't clean my coils other than blow them out when I refill the tank.

I'm with mcquinn in that once a coil reaches a certain point no cleaning makes it work anything close to what a new one would.

This is why I rebuild my PT coils, or just buy new ones since they are rather inexpensive and last a week or 2 even with heavy use.

This is becoming an issue the the new dual coils in the Aero tanks. They use much more power and I'm trashing them in 2 days use now. And since they aren't as cheap I'm gonna have to start rebuilding these or buying in bulk online as they are $3 each locally.

Wouldn't you rather spend that $3.00 on a coil that would last 4-5 times as long? This is why I rebuild them. If you look at a OEM coil the wraps are uneven and looks like it was done in a rush. This is why they don't last as long. I can go a week before I have to dry burn my rebuilds. I do this week after week and had coils last over 4 weeks. Using your cost of $3.00 per coil per week, a rebuilt coil brings the cost down to $0.75 a coil per week.

I will most likely start rebuilding them, I just don't look forward to doing double coils.

I like the doubles as my juice burns on single coils pushed the the vapor output I prefer.

Edited by Dasfriek

I keep seeing where people are "dry burning" their coils to clean them. How do i go about doing that with the Itaste 30b? Its a bottom dual coil. Thanks.

Generally this is how its done... But I have always noticed, even after "Cleaning" the coil, there is still always a residual taste of whatever flavor you vaped with it the first time. If having the best quality flavor and vapor production is most important to you then just replace the coil with a new one.

How to separate the iclear 30b (watch the first minute and 20 seconds of the video)

http://youtu.be/uPtWiQN6UTA

How to dry burn:

Edited by Tom74