new here, semi-new to vaping

AndriaD

Hi. I was a 39-year smoker, who started vaping regularly just about a month ago, which allowed me to cut down DRASTICALLY on smoking; on Friday of last week (2/28) I enjoyed my very first smoke-free 24 hours -- my last cigarette was Thurs 2/27, about 10am.

So now I am 5 days smoke-free, and that other forum is DOWN, and I feel like a newly-sober alcoholic who has been deprived of his daily AA meeting -- and yes, I know all about that, having been sober for over 21 years. I have been a webmaster myself for 15 years, and I have NEVER seen it take over 12 hrs (which is how long that other forum been down) to change servers.

So since I cannot get to my usual support group, and there's just no way of know how long they're going to be absent, I thought I would try to find another. I am vaping away like a steam train, but I really can't do this *completely* alone; I really don't wan't to smoke after investing 5 days, and a fair amount of money, and *already* seeing benefits, but one of the ways I've commonly "killed time," for many, MANY years, is to grab my book and my smokes and go outside and smoke like a chimney until whatever it is I'm waiting for comes to pass.

The vapemail which I thought for sure would be here today, is not, and I am really frazzled about that too, but that's as out of my control as servers which mysteriously take more than 12 hrs to change over.

Really, REALLY bummed... :crybaby:

Andria

I like you smoked for a very long time! Tried everything to quit, did have a successful run of a 1 1/2 then started again. Thank the world I found the the e-cig. Started with a disposable from 7 eleven than liked it so much ordered one on line that looked like a real cigarette really got tried of charging and up graded to a ego twist and evod clearomizer now it has been since august without an analog!!! Love the experience and will never go back to smoking! It is really great being smoke free for so long. I don't miss the smell and running outside to smoke! I really hate the smell of smoking. I cannot believe that I smelled that way! What a disgusting habit it was! Welcome to the forum. By the way I feel so much better. Lungs have cleared and my sense of smell and taste have returned. So I have now been analog free for 6 months and really enjoy the experience plus all the money I have in my pocket!

Thanks y'all. Somehow I'm muddling along, though I'm really... unfocused. So far this inability to focus and do my normal things (like cooking breakfast, which I'm *still doing.. sigh) has been my most troublesome symptom of, I dunno, I guess it's cigarette withdrawal though I don't really seem to have any of the other and even more awful symptoms of it, for which I know I can thank the e-cig... which actually isn't, really, since it's a vv/vw I guess it's a PV or a mod or some other term I don't yet really understand. :D I got an iTaste vv3 last week, and friday I got a really nice clearo for it, a T3S, and it works like a champ. I've had the v turned up really high all day, and vaping 9mg instead of my usual 6mg... I intend to make it thru this rough spot, have no desire for a cigarette, also thanks to the iTaste. And sometime today I believe I really will have breakfast ready, though it qualified as "brunch" some hours ago. :blushing:

Thx

Andria

Also... that vapemail I was expecting today, I finally got tracking info that it has been processed thru the Atlanta sort facility, at 5:09pm, so it should be here tomorrow. Then a "Priority Shipping" order the next day, with another T3S and a replacement coil for it, and some new e-juice to try. My regular Virginia is out of stock at myfreedomsmokes, so I'm trying out some other plain Virginia flavors I've found online, to see if I can find an acceptable alternative.

I knew I would get thru today, because I wanted to; I do not want to smoke now, after I've already got 5 days, actually now almost 6 days, smoke-free, but it was just one of those brier patches you have to get thru, to get to the other side. It's better now; my husband is home, so I have other thing to keep my mind occupied.

Andria