Veteran going back to a cartomizer

BirdDog

I am a veteran of vaping.

I started out with 510, 901's and the good old 801 atomizer. It has been so long since I used any of these, I might need a refresher course on how to direct drip. :blushing: Then I moved on to the 510 cartomizer. It revolutionized my world.

Several months ago I was gifted an Evod and Protank. It was exciting, I liked it and jumped on the band wagon. I bought a few extra Evod tanks to fill out my inventory. It seems lately, I have been going through coils every few days. Leaking, gurgling and the flavor has been lacking. A bad batch of coils maybe? Who knows.

I opened my stash box and noticed that I had a few boxes of Boge cartos. I decided to give one of these old things a go. It has been a few days and can't figure out why I ever gave them up. No leaking, no gurgling and flavor has been consistent. I can top it off without having a paper towel or removing it from the battery. The only complaint is having to top/fill it more frequently than the tanks. But much easier, quicker and nice. AND THE DRIP TIPS! How I missed them!

My plan is to go old school and put the tanks in the backup rotation for awhile. Take a break. I am going to purchase a few 510's for dripping and add a box of cartos. I would really like to add the 801 and 901 back to the rotation also. But this could take some research and a crap shoot to find a supplier that still stocks and sells them.

If you have any interest I still have a lot of old school hardware. The list was re posted here. Have a look if you see anything you want, Make a fair offer. :) I do have a few 801s not on the list.

Thanks for the list. Wow! You have some really old stuff. I am amazed that you have a 401. What a flash back! Makes think of that company that had the Dragons screened on the batteries. The 401 is a KR808? I am pretty sure I don't even have an adapter for those. Or is the KR808 equal to the 901? I can't remember. lol

Edited by BirdDog

Thanks for the list. Wow! You have some really old stuff. I am amazed that you have a 401. What a flash back! Makes think of that company that had the Dragons screened on the batteries. The 401 is a KR808? I am pretty sure I don't even have an adapter for those. Or is the KR808 equal to the 901? I can't remember. lol

If I'm not mistaken that would be the 901. The 401 is a reversed 510. I have 103s (reversed 901) as well ;) and many old school adapters

Welcome home Ms. Bird :)

I've used several of the wick style tanks but my longest coil life

with the lowest juice consumption and imo best taste

still comes from using Boge's in a tank.

Keep them wet and they last me 2-4 weeks avg,

Oh and I like the way they look on a spinner too,

mini drumsticks lol

Edited by joe2003

I never got into direct drip atty's or carto's. I started off with clearo's, moved up to glasso's and rebuilding kanger coils, then moved up to rda's. After hearing about carto's a dda's from you veterans, I was just wondering if it my benefit me. I'm a flavor junkie! I DO like the vapor I'm getting from my rda's, but I'd rather go for flavor. Shoud I venture into this?

I never got into direct drip atty's or carto's. I started off with clearo's, moved up to glasso's and rebuilding kanger coils, then moved up to rda's. After hearing about carto's a dda's from you veterans, I was just wondering if it my benefit me. I'm a flavor junkie! I DO like the vapor I'm getting from my rda's, but I'd rather go for flavor. Shoud I venture into this?

Cartomizers by themselves are very inexpensive. Why not get a pack and try it out? Just like anything else with vaping -- only you can tell if it's for you or not. :)

If I'm not mistaken that would be the 901. The 401 is a reversed 510. I have 103s (reversed 901) as well ;) and many old school adapters

You sir are the Vintage Vaping Gear Stash Consultant!

Here is something a bit scary that I have, 901 cartomizers. I bought these on a whim. I could never get them to work right. I think the stuffing was too tight or something. Which led to burned flavor and very dry hits.

Welcome home Ms. Bird :)

I've used several of the wick style tanks but my longest coil life

with the lowest juice consumption and imo best taste

still comes from using Boge's in a tank.

Keep them wet and they last me 2-4 weeks avg,

Oh and I like the way they look on a spinner too,

mini drumsticks lol

I never tried the cartos with the tanks. The hole punching just seemed too much for me. Then someone got smart and started selling the pre-punched. Might give this a go. There are a few tanks out there now that are quite inexpensive to try out. I think my local vape shop sells some plastic version.

A box of Boge cartos are pretty cheap and at least worth it to keep in your back up stash box. I could come up with several reasons to have these on hand. Bad tank days, traveling, camping and they work great on the small eGo batteries. Especially if you need something small and discreet for a day. I have used both the standard and low res versions.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to a carto on an KR808D-1 last weekend and I was surprised at how good it was too! Definitely less fuss. I don't think I could ever go back to this setup permanently - unless I had no other choice - but I do think I will use them again.