Introducing myself - 'Hello' from yet another "new guy"!

Greetings to All from:

Dave here. In New Mexico. I have been reading here for quite a while and actually did so even before I began to vape. I must admit - I joined "another forum" before I began to vape hoping to learn by asking questions and hopefully avoid mistakes new vapers often make. Perhaps it is just me. I might be too new to understand the "infighting" and "status power" some I saw as "the elite" wielded, but it was intimidating. When it was suggested I might like this particular forum and that some of the more cordial individuals there were also here - I began to read and have been doing so ever since. After a month I feel I have the basics down well enough to join in so today I made the move and hope I can learn more by being active and not simply watching through the window-glass.

I offer my THANKS to the forum host and I will do my very best to be only constructive - never destructive.

So. While reading I learned a lot and think I avoided many mistakes by learning before buying. Also, seeing so many new folks going through many of the issues I had thought might come up and getting past them without a great deal of suffering was very helpful. I'm not to the point of saying "how many cigarettes I have avoided or how much money I have saved" because I am SO new I don't dare jinx myself! For now - it is all good.

Two months and a few days off of cigarettes and actually doing 'OK'. I smoked the better part of 55 years - Camels and Pall Mall and simply wanted to get off the darn things. My daughter-in-law has vaped fro several years and through my son and a local shop I picked up my first setup on November 18, 2013 and had my last cigarette on Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2013. Naturally I have had my moments but resisted thus far and every day it is a little easier. I realize I am not in the clear, but I AM more confident than at any time in my life.

I began with a Kanger T3S and a JoyeTech eGo-C Upgrade Passthrough 650 and a duplicate for 'backup'. Started at 2.4% on the "juice" and at 30 days dropped to 1.8% and am still there today and very comfortable. I still enjoy the never ending "search for tobacco" I now realize I will never find, but it's been 'fun' in a way to try different 'vendors' and see if the many claims of "the best e-liquid in the world" are really factual. My 'taster' seems to be a bit behind and that's just fine! I just moved on to "fruits and other ungawdly flavors" and must say I actually like some of them which amazes me!

About three weeks ago my son gave me a Kanger ProTank2 and a Mini ProTank2 and even though the horror stories seem to abound ("on another forum") I have yet to have the issues I read about and see discussed on YouTube videos. I certainly hope they never come to pay me a visit.

OK and OK. I have gone on far too long and said far too little so i will hush. Again - Thanks to the hosts of this forum for a place to gather, explore and participate - minus the infighting and harassment I have witnessed elsewhere.

Dave .... another "new guy".

Dave, welcome to VaporTalk!!! I think you'll be happy here! I know I am! I experienced the same thing "over there". There are so many wonderful people over here that are knowledgable and friendly. I wish you luck on this journey of vaping and hope see you around the forum! Happy Vaping!

Welcome Sir Dave. I hope that you find everything that you need to keep you off of the stinkies in this forum. Everyone here is wonderful and is willing to help out their fellow VT vaper. Tons of experience here in just about everything from old school stuff to new technology experts. Never be intimidated to ask questions because its probably something that I'm wondering about myself but never got around to asking.

Edited by dragongunner

• 3 weeks later...