New member looking to move up from an e cig

LanceD

So I quit smoking a few months ago and switched over to a Bullsmoke E cig. It's been pretty great as I'm to the point that analogs disgust me and I only crave vapor.

The problem is my E cig has got to go. Relying on over priced disposable cartridges that take ages in the mail. Then of course the crap batteries that barely last a whole day.

So I want a proper vaporizer but good lord am I overwhelmed by everything I'm reading! From all the different mods to the tanks and all I'm just rather confused about exactly what parts I need and which brand I should start out with.

I just want something that can be easily carried in my pocket while I'm at work and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Can you guys help me out?

I'd suggest getting a 1300 mAh Vision Spinner for the battery. This is a variable voltage so you get some play with it but it's simple for a beginner. Just start at the lowest setting and vape. If it's not good, doesn't seem to get much vapor, turn it up a little. Vape. Lather, rinse, repeat until it tastes a little burnt and then turn it down a bit. That should be your sweet spot for that juice. :)

As for tanks, everyone will have their own favorites. Mine is an Anyvape Davide mini with a 1.8 ohm coil. The Kanger Pro Tank mini is pretty much the same thing, just a little easier to fill. The coils/heating elements in these are replaceable so you don't have to keep buying the whole tank every time. The coils run around a dollar or a little more each.

Then, there's the e-liquid/juice. There are so many good vendors around. One of my favorites is EC Blends. They sell in bottles of 5 ml at around $2.50 each so you can try all kinds of different flavors (and they customize to your heart's content) without breaking the bank.

Good luck! :)

Oh! And the Pro Tanks and Davides? Their tanks are made of Pyrex glass so you'll have to be careful not to break them. Being made of Pyrex, though, you won't have to worry about which juices you can use in them. Some juices with high cinnamon or high citrus content will crack plastic tanks so that you get leaking. No problem with glass ones. :)

I'd suggest you get the Vision Spinner from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. You won't find better customer service anywhere. Many forum members have ordered from Brian and ALL of them have nothing but great things to say about their experience with the great customer service. :)

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/vision-spinner-1300mah-variable-voltage-battery/

Don't forget the charger and an AC adapter for it! You'll need to get these separate from the batteries.

ETA: You an also look at Brian's site for the Kanger Pro Tanks/Pro Tank minis and replacement wicks.

The Kanger Pro Tank2 and Pro Tank mini can be gotten at our own Vapor Talk store. You won't find prices lower for these as far as I can tell. Chris, our fearless leader, also gives excellent customer service you can trust. :D

https://www.vaportalkstore.com/product-p/pro-tank-mini.htm

https://www.vaportalkstore.com/product-p/pro-tank-2.htm

Edited by Tameiki

You must have read my mind as I spent time today trying to figure out who to buy the stuff from!

There are so many different vendors selling a little of everything, but not every vendor is trustworthy. The Vapor Talk store and The Veteran Vapor? You won't have any trouble with these two online stores. Great prices and even better customer service at both. :)

I got my stuff. The Vision Spinner and mini pro tank are awesome! Thank you for the suggestion!

My only problem is all of the juices I ordered are terrible! I bought everything from The Veteran Vaper, who was great just like you said. They had small bottles of eVo juice for cheap so I picked up four different varieties, and so far the first three I've tried are awful, and I think they're making me sick to my stomach. It's kind of a bummer having such a nice piece of equipment with nothing good to vape!

I'm not perfect and not all of my recommendations will work for you because vaping is a very personal thing. I only rec the things I've tried that worked for me. The rest is all about you and what works for you. ;)

Glad to know that the recs so far are doing well.

Here's some recs for juices. Go check out EC Blends. You can get 5 ml bottles of juices for around $2.50 a bottle (prices go up as you add stuff). This way you can go a little nuts on flavors and try all different kinds to see what you like. Most need to sit (it's called steeping) for around 5 days or more depending on the juice. Some fruit flavors are good right out of the mail. They will get better with time, though.

Start with 50PG/50VG to start. It's a good middle of the road until you're more experienced and figure out what you like. The nic is up to you but here's a rough estimate of mg to what you used to smoke.

24 mg nic = full flavor like Marlboro Reds

12 mg nic = lights

6 mg nic = ultra lights

Good luck! :)

Rule one...ALWAYS do way Tam says!!!....

I too love ECBlends... But expect to use a lot of coils...

Ha! I'm just conditioning you guys so I can pull an outrageous request and you'll do it without question. It's all a part of my quest for world domination. Mwahahahaha! :evil:

I agree with everything Tam said - but with the Spinner, I start at "standard", which is 3.7 volts, and only go below that if it tastes burned at 3.7.

I would also try out fadoravapor.com, and flatlineliquids.com. I recommend those because they are both VIP members here, I myself vape liquid from Fadora, and I've heard wonderful things about Flatline as well from members of this forum. I don't know about Flatline, but Fadora you can order a sample size as well.