Wan'ted to introduce myself.

addictedhealer

I'm in the process quitting cigarettes, have smoked for about 10 years off and on. The past two years however I have stepped it down from a pack a day to about 6 cigarettes a day depending if I'm drinking. I can go a whole day with out even having one now and I usually smoke my first one right after lunch. Problem is I wan't to completely kick the habit but enjoy smoking. Another reason I am trying to kick the habit I just found out the wife and I have a little one on the way. I'm 27 and figured now is a good time to ditch the cigs.

I have yet to even try a e-cig and I just ordered my first set up yesterday. I didn't wan't to buy into the Blu figured it is just another mainstream rip off. So I did a little research and decided on a Firebrand. I bought the Firebrand Titanium Falcon 900mAH battery and a Firestorm 2.4ML tank. Also ordered some juice off of Firebrand.

Hope I made a wise choice. I had to just pick one since there is so many options out there and opinions.

Thanks,

Adam

Welcome !! Good choice to quit smoking. Vaping is a much better choice.

Congrats on the soon to be little one !!

Not familiar with Firebrand, but looks like an ego type battery. Great place to start.

Posted Image

Received it today. First vape. I'm surprised how harsh it is. Kinda feels like inhaling a black and mild or something. Gonna have to get VG juice.

Customer service is great over at firebrand. Forgot my free heat shield and they are priority mailing it today.

Before you start changing out the juices you're using, what mg of nicotine did you order? With as few cigarettes you were smoking per day I would've said to go with either a 6 mg or 12 at the very most. The higher amount of nicotine you get, the harsher the vape. Also, what PG/VG ratio did you go with on this order?

Before you start changing out the juices you're using, what mg of nicotine did you order? With as few cigarettes you were smoking per day I would've said to go with either a 6 mg or 12 at the very most. The higher amount of nicotine you get, the harsher the vape. Also, what PG/VG ratio did you go with on this order?
Yea that is my problem. I ordered with to much nicotine. 18mg >< The juice I have now is majority pg, not sure %. Gonna order some more and try to get more of a VG base. Edited by addictedhealer

A 50/50 ratio is what I would suggest for you to start and then go from there. In the mean time you might try going to a local pharmacy to buy some VG. It's not like you can use the juice as is anyway. Don't pour the VG into the main bottle of juice, though. Use a different bottle to mix so you don't waste the whole thing. You can always add more but you can't take it out if you added too much. :)

A 50/50 ratio is what I would suggest for you to start and then go from there. In the mean time you might try going to a local pharmacy to buy some VG. It's not like you can use the juice as is anyway. Don't pour the VG into the main bottle of juice, though. Use a different bottle to mix so you don't waste the whole thing. You can always add more but you can't take it out if you added too much.  :)

Good tip, thanks.

How much ml should I add to say a 10ml bottle?

Sorry, I won't be much help there because I don't DIY. That's why I said to take a separate bottle. Add a little juice (say...enough for a tank full), add a couple of drops of VG. Shake to mix well. Check the consistency. If it's still really thin, add a few drops more. If you get too much and it's too thick, add a few more drops of juice to thin it out. Put a little into tank and vape to check.

The more VG you have, the smoother the vape and it also adds just a little bit of sweetness to it. BUT! The more VG you have in the juice the faster it gunks up your coils.

Good luck!