Good starter RBA that can be used as an all day tank?

spydre

Okay, I don't know if I'm going to get one now, and see if one of the B&Ms will build a cotton wick coil for me, or if I'm going to wait until my SO feels he is "comfortable enough" building coils to get one so he can build the coil. I'm not looking for sub ohming or anything like that - just an RBA that I could use every day/most of day possibly, and not having problems with leakage (SO says sometimes on some of them if they aren't upright they could leak through the airholes?), to basically at least get ONE of my main vapes away from disposable coils, as I'm tired of switching coils out on those tanks every week - so still normal resistance. Maybe, with time, start replacing my bigger tanks with RBAs, but I just want to start out with one, so I was looking for feedback/ideas, on what a good first one would be (has to be affordable) that meets the "take anywhere" criteria.

I sort of looked at the RSST, and the pyrex one linked in the other thread said something about ss mesh or silica wick, but I was thinking more about cotton, although silica/eco wool may be more convenient for the simple fact that it doesn't burn, and if my thinking is right, lasts longer, but the cotton is easier to change out, and it doesn't make a difference in the flavor, right?

Any help ya'll can give me would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be a kayfun clone it has great flavor and vapor easy to build and replace cotton and most of all no leaking if you lay it on its side I have a ehpro one and it was 50 but I've also used a rocket that only cost about 30 at most places ive seen

Edited by Vispera

Or get a squape clone. Super easy to build with great flavor. Aqua is another but can be a pain to set up dual coils on due to the small deck. The squape on the other hand is basically a super simplified kf with a nonconductive deck to build on. Plus its easy to change coil builds on without have to drain your juice out

the Kayfun lite+ is a good one. I also like the Aqua which is dual coil, adjustable air and juice flow control. As said, it's more difficult to build vs kayfun. The flavor and vapor production of the Aqua is very good. The Aqua clone can be had for around $20. My main issue with the Aqua is that the tank isn't clear to see your juice and it doesn't hold that much juice.

Edited by sparc

if you're worried about leaking don't consider a RSST, that's one that will leak if you lay it down on its side for a period of time.

I go with what everyone else I saying

look up Russian 91% / Kayfun 3.1 / Kayfun Lite / Kayfun Lite Plus

easy tank, no leaks if done right, nice flavorful vape, I would chain vape one all day.

if you're worried about leaking don't consider a RSST, that's one that will leak if you lay it down on its side for a period of time.

I go with what everyone else I saying

look up Russian 91% / Kayfun 3.1 / Kayfun Lite / Kayfun Lite Plus

easy tank, no leaks if done right, nice flavorful vape, I would chain vape one all day.

Yeah the kayfun series are awesome that's what I would go with

If you want an all-day RBA, I recommend the AGA-T2. It holds 3ml of juice, and with a 1Ω coil, a 2000mAh 18650 battery will last for the whole tank with plenty of headroom.

Click for info on how to roll a wick, how to wrap a coil, and generally how to set up your RBA.

If you want an all-day RBA, I recommend the AGA-T2. It holds 3ml of juice, and with a 1Ω coil, a 2000mAh 18650 battery will last for the whole tank with plenty of headroom.

Click for info on how to roll a wick, how to wrap a coil, and generally how to set up your RBA.

Well, coil building isn't something I may be capable of because of my hands. Which is why I am going to have Cloud 9 build the coil for me (they verified that they do that). My SO said you can't lay the AGA T down on it's side, that it would leak, or if it was in your pocket and got tilted, it would leak out the airholes. Is that not the case? And can you use a higher resistance on it than one ohm? I really wasn't wanting to go down that low.

And for either of these, are clones from Fast Tech okay?

Also, since we are talking about it, what type of RBA is Taifun? I couldn't tell.

Well, coil building isn't something I may be capable of because of my hands.  Which is why I am going to have Cloud 9 build the coil for me (they verified that they do that).  My SO said you can't lay the AGA T down on it's side, that it would leak, or if it was in your pocket and got tilted, it would leak out the airholes.  Is that not the case?  And can you use a higher resistance on it than one ohm?  I really wasn't wanting to go down that low.

And for either of these, are clones from Fast Tech okay?

Also, since we are talking about it, what type of RBA is Taifun?  I couldn't tell.

Taifun is a kayfun clone and no you dont have to go low res on a rba I have a 2 ohm in my kayfun clone and it vapes great and as for fasttech I cant tell never order from there but you can get the aga cheap here in the U.S

Okay, all, thank you for your advice thus far. I have another question. What about Phoenix type RBAs. I'm not....educated enough to be able to tell by the pictures of the pieces what type it is. Is it the type that I need/want?

I'll be honest, one of the attractions to this is the cost, and you can get pre-built coils specifically for this RBA.

http://www.smoktek.com/Phoenix-style-rebuildable-atomizer_p_440.html

Edited by spydre

Honestly you can't lose with a KFL/R91 or Taifun GT Clone. Stay away from the Fogger it's recessed we'll makes building a pain in he ***.

Taifun GT

Fills from bottom, similar to protanks etc. Extremely easy to build on. Micro coils are simple to make. Can use any wicking material for it. Great vape!

Russian 91

Fills from bottom via removeable screw to reveal the "Phil hole" easy to build on as well, same wicking options. Another great vape.

Keep in mind, coming from china, shipping is about 3 weeks normally. Just look at the dates listed will show eta on when they will ship. China is on holiday right now until 2/5.

As far as buying premade wicks, hell I'll make you 10 coils for $10. All you'll have to do is install, trim wicking material and the leads.

Edited by Proetus

My SO said you can't lay the AGA T down on it's side, that it would leak, or if it was in your pocket and got tilted, it would leak out the airholes. Is that not the case?

I can't think of any RBA/RDA that won't leak juice when it's laid on its side. You may see some claims that you can turn certain RBAs completely upside-down and they won't leak, but in the real world, gravity dictates that they remain upright for the most part.

If you want to experience the increased V/T/F of RBAs, it's just something you have to live with.

I can't think of any RBA/RDA that won't leak juice when it's laid on its side. You may see some claims that you can turn certain RBAs completely upside-down and they won't leak, but in the real world, gravity dictates that they remain upright for the most part.

If you want to experience the increased V/T/F of RBAs, it's just something you have to live with.

I agree you generally want them upright. Especially Genny style or drippers. My KFL hasn't leaked yet, other then when I fill it from the top if I don't follow a strict procedure to prevent over pressure in the tank! I don't tempt it tho, I generally try and keep it upright or at least on a 45 degree angle.

Okay, all, thank you for your advice thus far.  I have another question.  What about Phoenix type RBAs.  I'm not....educated enough to be able to tell by the pictures of the pieces what type it is.  Is it the type that I need/want?

I'll be honest, one of the attractions to this is the cost, and you can get pre-built coils specifically for this RBA.

http://www.smoktek.com/Phoenix-style-rebuildable-atomizer_p_440.html

To me it looks like a RDA with a juice well. I've watched some videos of it and there dripping but they said its s rebuildable atomizer. Maybe medic or proetus can clear this up.

To me it looks like a RDA with a juice well. I've watched some videos of it and there dripping but they said its s rebuildable atomizer. Maybe medic or proetus can clear this up.

It's a dripping atty. also known as an RDA. It's not meant to hold a tank of juice. However, those little pheonix rda's are fantastic little buggers. Kinda small so they would be a bit tricky with your hand problems, but awesome flavor and vapor.