Dragon Wicking

iheartvape

So i tried my hand at a Dragon Wick or coil... Im not sure if I like it honestly. I don't get as much flavor with it and it dries pretty quick. I tried it first in a single coil set up on my Helios clone using my K100 with a 18490 battery. Here are some pics if anyone wants to look at it and give me pointers if you notice something I could do better or did wrong...

Posted Image

I ended up angling the coil I forgot to do it before taking a pic...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I'm not mistaken, a dragon coil set up is usually dual coils. They should be angled so one open end of the coil faces out toward the top of the cap. The other open end toward the deck at about a 35-40 degree angle in opposing directions (V Shaped). The V shape gives a distinctive vapor pattern, like a dragon blowing smoke out of its nostrils. Yes it will use juice fast and dry out quickly.

It does dry out quickly, and cotton tends to collapse quickly as well. I find that making the wick thicker at the point where it wraps over the top of the coil helps with the cotton collapse, and holds juice longer. The wicking is the trickiest and most important aspect of having a successful Dragon coil build.

Yeah I have mine angled, i mentioned that under the first pic, I just forgot to angle it before taking the pic. I might try and do a normal micro coil with a Dragon coil in parallel, see if that helps give some flavor while producing cloud. I haven't had luck running dual coil yet on the helios cline as one of the Allen screw heads is stripped after the 1st use, and i dont have anything to use in its place.