Proetus's DNA20 Build

Proetus

Check Hammond enclosures, various sizes.

Not sure what happened but dna is acting up. I lost the ability to adjust wattage yesterday. Turned out to be a bad button, no big deal replaced em both to be safe. Well now my screen is extremely dim and doesn't brighten when firing. It is also only outputting at 3 volts regardless of wattage and resistance. Awaiting reply from evolv.

:(

I suppose anything is possible. I'll have a peek at it tomorrow night, i'm irritated with it at the moment.

I have 2 DNA30's showing up tomorrow, maybe i'll just swap it out.

Edited by Proetus

If either one of you want to sell one of your DNA 30s just PM me. ;) I decided to deviate from my other build. I have an old 1930s 40x40 view camera. It is made from 1st gen mahogany. I'm going to be using the wood for a DNA 20 or 30 build. I would like to put a DNA 30 in it. The wood is worth way more than the camera and it will make a beautiful mod. There is enough wood to do maybe 10-15 mods.

I would have comp lol. In trade for a bit of wood! :)

That still may be possible, do have enough for a few mods. Let me see how much I can salvage and if you still have one, I would trade you enough to build a mod. I know I want to build a couple stands too. ;) I think it would be cool to have a nice Wood Box DNA 30 and a stand in matching wood for my personal collection.

I'm glad Proetus did this thread, I will be looking at it as I start buying parts.

Didn't have much time during the week to replace the rma'd 20 with a 30, so without further ado, here we go!

null_zps4f300dd5.jpg

null_zps76f78b55.jpg

New screen cradle as i broke the black one getting out the 20. About 20 minutes of filing in order to get this one to fit.

Neither are my design. They are created by Bapgood on ECF. He makes the schematics and then www.shapeways.com makes the pieces to the schematics he comes up with. He is also the creator of the dna screen cradle. The side by side was something he worked up and requires special parts he mills, so that is likely unattainable. However the parts for the left one is going to happen in the future.

Neither are my design. They are created by Bapgood on ECF. He makes the schematics and then www.shapeways.com makes the pieces to the schematics he comes up with. He is also the creator of the dna screen cradle. The side by side was something he worked up and requires special parts he mills, so that is likely unattainable. However the parts for the left one is going to happen in the future.

Im just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it I fix computers I should be fine on a dna

It's really not hard to do at all. As long as you follow basic safety procedures and have a good iron, you're all set. There are writeups everywhere. Honestly ECF probably has the most info pertaining to mod's. It's ridiculous how many are over there!

It's baaaackkkkkkkk.

And my DNA20 is reborn into a DNA30! Tip of the day... the original battery holder from FT won't fire at 30watts. Fires fine at 20, but not at 30! I will upgrade to keystone Battery holders soon enough. Easily enough accomplished in the future. Important part is I have a 20w mod back!

null_zps793ba5d4.jpg
null_zps52a28989.jpg