Hello :)

heatherlynne

My name is Heather, I'm fairly new to vaping. Bought my first one about three months ago, quit smoking cold turkey. I love it. But.... Now that I'm seeing this vast world, I want to start customizing. As far as e-liquid, I normally buy from the smoke shop down the street, and I've gotten a few that almost choke me, some that are ok, and some that just don't cut it as far as throat hit. I guess what I'm looking for is similar to the throat feeling you get when smoking hookah. Granted at first I was craving the typical smokers feel (I was a camel crush smoker) but now that I enjoy the sweet fruity flavors, I almost don't need the intense throat hit, and I've noticed after vaping for a while, I start to lose the flavor and my throat starts to get scratchy. It's not enjoyable. I'm looking to order customized e-liquids but my problem is, I'm not sure what my PG-VG ratio is to begin with, so that I can work off of that. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe there's a typical ratio that most companies use? I know I need to go heavier on the VG... Anyway, some help would be awesome :)

Also, I'm using a typical 900 mah battery with a kangertech T3S, nothing special... Haven't gotten that far yet

Oh, completely off subject but I work for Starbucks, if anyone enjoys coffee with their vape like I do in the morning, I can help pair flavors with roasts :) Casi Cielo, "close to heaven", is our seasonal roast now and it's amazing with chocolate and/or lemon flavors

Hello!

The T3 is a great unit.

I would start with a 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40 ratio. Thats kind of middle of the road and you should be fine. I found after a few months I no longer craved throat hit and it was all about the juice, baby.

There are lots of good recommendations on juice vendors over in " supplier reviews". Enjoy

And welcome to the forum

What bebop said 50/50 tends to work well for me in just about all my tanks I like the fruity flavors too Also what would you pair with dark french roast or the anniversary blend

Edited by Vispera

welcome, and it was hookah that led me to vaping and stop ciggs. i got over the throat hit pretty fast, didnt really care if i had it or not. nut congrats on stopping the dirty lil camel. and this place has helped me soooooooooo much.

If you want more throat hit you don't want more VG.

More VG = smoother vape, more vapor, thicker juice (this will clog coils faster)

More PG = thinner juice, more throat hit, better flavor delivery

Also, more nicotine = harsher throat hit

I tend to stick with a 50/50 blend even though I've tried all the different variations, this is the one I come back to every time.

We all switch flavors throughout the day. As you've noticed, if you vape one flavor too long you lose the ability to taste it. Change to something drastically different so you can taste again. Most of us change over several flavors in a day and keep a rotation going. Vaping dehydrates you so you'll want to increase your water intake. Not soda, coffee, tea....just plain H2O is the best. Staying properly hydrated will also help your ability to taste your juices better.

One of my favorite juice vendors is EC Blends. They allow you to customize your juices in many ways. I'd suggest not customizing the original flavor at first -- other than the nic, PG/VG levels. Try it to see what it needs first. EC Blends sells juice in 5 ml bottles at around $2.50 each so you can try all kinds of different flavors. The price will go up as you customize, though. They only make the juice after you order it so it'll be fresh. Many of their juices need to steep a bit before it gets really good. Steeping means you take the cap off the bottle, put it in a dark place away from pets and kids, shake at least once a day and let it sit for anywhere from a few days to several weeks.

Welcome to the forum. :)