Ever been caught in a bad experience or felt judged for vaping?

AdrianS

Hey all,

I recently had a negative experience of my own which led me to this forum (newbie here) to see if anyone else had been through something similar?

Now... there are no rules or laws against vaping in California.. but i sometimes am made to feel somewhat, i don't know.. shamed by people? Like if I have my e-cigerette out in a grocery store, i get weird looks and even comments on occasion muttered under peoples breaths. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it's hard to ignore it sometimes.

Have you had any similar experiences like this? How do you deal with it or do you just ignore it...like does it make you feel the same way as I do? I don't really know anyone else in the same boat as me, so any responses would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

I just keep a low profile. Vaping in places where smoking is forbade is pretty much considered a slap in the face and a reason to pursue vaping bans by folks that just can't stand to see someone else enjoying life.

I just keep a low profile. Vaping in places where smoking is forbade is pretty much considered a slap in the face and a reason to pursue vaping bans by folks that just can't stand to see someone else enjoying life.

+1

Until the media whipped propaganda campaign and attendant hysteria is over, if it's ever over, I just keep a low profile. You don't have to exhale a big vape cloud, drawing attention to yourself of course, to enjoy your vape.

But then there will always be those who want to draw attention to themselves. Are you within your rights to vape? Possibly, depending on city ordinance or property owner's rules. Is it a smart move in the current climate where vapers are trying to gain public acceptance through education? NO.

I vape discreetly in public and not because I don't have the "right" to. Those that don't know what vaping is will always equate it with smoking so unless you're prepared to engage every person you see in public space with a lecture on the benefits of vaping, I don't see the point in flaunting it. It just creates more upsets and ill feelings. If I didn't know what vaping was and somebody was blowing clouds in the produce section I'd complain, honestly.

That's different than taking the time to educate a friend or your boss or coworker so they understand it and perhaps support you or allow you to vape in shared areas. It goes beyond rights and carries over in to etiquette and manners IMO .

I do vape anywhere I go I just don't make it obvious in some places. This is where I find less cloud the better. I vape while at the movies but this is where I use a higher PG mix so it dissipates very quickly. I wouldn't want to be sitting behind someone vaping huge clouds that distract from seeing the screen either. :) Most times I just hold the vape in a little longer than normal and very little vapor comes out but, I still get my Nic. The places I go around home don't mind Vaping. I do ask if I'm in a room/meeting if anyone objects to it and 99.9% of the time there is no issue. I usually get asked about it and am more than willing to answer questions. Around me Restaurants, Bars, Stores they all are aware of vaping and some even sell the disposables in their place of business. I think the best thing we can do is educate our selves so we can educate others in what vaping is and explain that it is not "smoke" or smoking. If someone around you objects just politely say ok and put it away. It is not worth getting into an argument over.

I stealth vape at work, but other then that, i dont vape in stores or at the mall or anything. I only stealth vape at work, cause i have my own office and i can close the door and its not bothering anyone, i dont cloud chase in the event someone walks in my office they wont be like WTF!?!.. lol I treat my vaping like i would a cigarette. 1, helps keep from drawing unwanted attention to myself and vaping, and 2, keeps me from receiving more nic then i need.