Chicago bans indoor ecig use

Novasteve

First, it's not a conservative or liberal thing, it's a lack of knowledge, HOWEVER, it's keeping the policy in line with the smoking policy - again, I find it's from lack of knowledge as much as anything else. Conservative cities are doing it as well, as it's being lumped with smoking. I just take it for granted that I can't vape where I can't smoke, although there is no law against it (it's up to the business owner here, bars and restaurants), except for all the bars in the area allow it, and some other businesses specifically state they are vape friendly.

i live about an hour from chicago and yesterday i belive i got an email from mbv telling me they were going to have a city council meeting on this and that us vapers in that district need to show up and speak up. well im not from that area like i said but i bet there are tons of vapers in chicago being that a pack of ciggs runs close to 13.00 bucks there. too bad they passed that bill. so if this happens in your area petion the hell outta of it and spread the knowledge on vaping. because to the reguler person its still smoking.

Calling senators and the Dallas mayor tomorrow. Noticed a lot of comments on facebook about how they are glad it isn't their city. Getting tired of people sitting back and watching the rest of the country lose their rights to vape.

It's a sad day in Chicago, This is just foolish and shows how much ignorance rules our governments. This "It looks like smoking so ban it" crap in nonsense. It makes as much sense as banning nose picking because it looks like your doing cocaine. My kids want me to Vape because they don't want their Dad to die from smoking cigarettes. Fine example of the government turning a blind eye to research that has been done so they push forward a ignorant agenda.

.......“Regulating e-cigarettes will protect our children from getting hooked on their kid-friendly flavors and marketing. This ordinance stand up for our children while ensuring all residents have the right to clean air and healthy environment." .....

.....meanwhile stuffing them with fast food, red bulls, sodas, And a host of unnecessary pharmaceuticals....

.......“Regulating e-cigarettes will protect our children from getting hooked on their kid-friendly flavors and marketing. This ordinance stand up for our children while ensuring all residents have the right to clean air and healthy environment." .....

.....meanwhile stuffing them with fast food, red bulls, sodas, And a host of unnecessary pharmaceuticals....

“ Kids smoke regular cigarettes that taste horrible and, quite frankly, it’s easier for kids to get cigarettes. To what extent are we going to keep giving money to Big Tobacco and closing any real way for people to make the break from tobacco products? No, instead we are using children to fight for Big Tobacco. Awesome.” - http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/jan/15/citylights2-e-cigs-face-enormous-obstacles/

Edited by sparc

• 3 weeks later...

I do not live in the city of chicago, close but not chicago, however the one bar i go to in the city told me they dont care if i dont mind risking a ticket. since technically i am not even an illinois resident, since i kept my wisconsin address i would like to see the chicago cops try to enforce any chicago ordinance on me. try to collect a fine, since i technically live out of state they would have a really hard time enforcing anything.

@tornadochaser,

While I agree that the bans on e cigs are ludicrous at best, please remember that we want to improve our image and stance on vaping in the world. If you practice obstinance, others will practice willful ignorance and that hurts our cause. When you alienate others, especially law enforcement, it puts others on edge. When they're on edge they are far less likely to listen to established facts and/or listen with a sympathetic ear. Please, practice safe and responsible vaping behaviour. Just my humble opinion.

most cops if they do not think you are a threat, which is not that often anymore, will usually listen to what you have to say and usually will go along with you if they do not have a huge amount of complaints. i was in that bar the other night someone called cpd and the cop acted like a decent human and we had a nice discussion.... he basically said enjoy yourself and be safe. course i had my truck with and he saw what i do for work and knows we are in a way a first responder as well when we are out chasing tornadoes.