Best variable voltage ecig battery and best tank similar to KPT2

I was looking at maybe getting a vamo v5 or a tesla mod, im not sure what you would recomend as ive been vaping for 4 months and ive been using a Vision twist 1300Mah 4.8V max and a kanger pro tank 2. I want a battery with variable voltage and wattage and a lcd screen, and a tank similar to the KPT2 but creates more vapor and uses a atomizer...

Also ive notied a problem with my KPT2 its very hard to draw on it maybe the airflow but i tried screwing it on tight and loose and the only time its easy to hit is when its on their loose what could be the problem?

Thanks - Ashton :)

I like my Vamo 5, when I was looking for my first one I hit youtube and started watching all the videos I could find. I settled on the SID but have had some issues with it. Then started looking at both the Tesla and Vamo. I did not like the screen button location on the Tesla so got a Vamo 5 and love it. I use Pro Tanks on all of my mods the only time I had a hard draw issue was when the rubber grommet expanded on 1 atomizer swapping it out cured it. I also drilled out the air holes on 1 protank didn't make a whole lot of difference so I left the other 4 I have alone.

I've heard good things about both of them, and both are pretty durable. The only thing I know of with the Vamo is the spring holding the battery up can weaken, or get shoved down, but that's an easy fix. Troy (AquaTroy) has a Tesla as one of his mods and said it takes a beating. Carter has a Vamo 3 and he said he's dropped his on his fishing boat from, well, I would guess vaping height and had no problems with it. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Troy says that the button placement with the Tesla isn't much of a problem, you get used to it quickly, and it ONLY takes at 18650 battery, so you have a nice long charge on it. And if you get the black one, and a red AW IMR battery, it looks really cool. :thumbup: I like things like that. It takes little to impress me.

Kpt2 was a big let down to me cause of that isue..always needed to back it off a litle,what a pain in the keester!! Spend that much on a tank just to hafta constently pay atention to it :-( no good! I have the sigelei z max v5 and my buddie has a pro vari and same isue with bolth of them.. not a problem with the davide's though and they take the same coils..mabe time for a switch?

I've never had to back off with my KPT2's, unless there was an issue, like a bad coil, or an air hole was clogged up. But you may want to wait until the, heck, I can't remember the name, but there is a new Pro Tank with an air flow control coming out soon. BTW, did you get a collar with your KPT2, and are you using it? That does help.

I'm not sure what you mean by you want one with an atomizer. Technically, the atomizer is the coil. Or do you mean you want something for direct dripping?

Assuming you're looking for an APV & Genesis RBA (tanked) combination, I'd recommend the Sigelei Telescoping Zmax topped with a Youde AGA-T2. Just remember that the Zmax circuitry, like most APVs, only allows for atties with 1.3Ω of resistance or higher.

As far as your KPT airflow, the most common problem I run into is that some of my mods have longer center (positive) pins than others, and the longer pins push the center pin on the KPT coils in too far, blocking airflow.

Edited by Rixter

The Sigelei Zmax is a good choice. Just be sure not to overtighten it when you put the battery in - it's believed to screw with the electronics. And you can actually still find V3 Zmaxes out there where you wouldn't have to drop as much $$ as the V5. I believe the only difference is, V5 can be used to charge another USB device, and has a puff counter - both features of the MVP. The thing I really liked about the Zmax over my current MVP? You can tell whether it's set to wattage or voltage. With the MVPs, you can't tell. :(

Edited by spydre

KTP2s work flawlessly for me. No issues except for low quality coils now and then..I used a Tesla APV (they are making mech mods under the tesla name now also) for a few months and very happy with it until I obtained a VTR. Tessie took 4 foot drops occasionally with no issues, and you get used to the screen/button issue quick. Actually thinking about selling Tessie as she is lonely !!

I think, for me, the KPT 2 is the top of the line as far as tanks go, at least those that are "plug and play" with no rebuilding or anything. I hardly consider switching the flavor wicks out with cotton on the coils for my higher VG liquids rebuilding.

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me. Friday, I was in a local B&M where I got to play with the VTR and the SVD, when the clerk was talking to me about the Aspire tanks, she told me the only time she'd heard of one cracking is one of their customers brought it in, it had been attached to his MVP, he had dropped the whole thing without knowing it, evidently, and ran over it with his truck. Cracked the Aspire, MVP was fine.

Truthfully, at this point in time, I don't know which I like better, the VTR, which I've had a total of maybe seven hours, or my old Sigelei Zmax. Worst comes to worst, the VTR can be used as an awesome blunt force head trauma weapon.