New to E-Cig/Vaping

vmshaw

Hi ya'll

I am new to all this. I was having battery issues and got some really good advice in another area of this forum. So I figured I better get over here and introduce my self, seems I do things a__ backwards. I just started vaping, it will be 2 weeks this Saturday, no cigs for me. WhooHoo. I smoked for most of my life quit for 17 years, started again in 07 and have really struggled to quit this time as well. I was so glad a friend of mine turned me on to this. I had a lung re-section done, but that still didn't stop me (go figure). so here I am. Just learning all about this, I know nothing....I am a sponge! Not sure if E-cigs and Vaping are even the same thing :dizzy:

E-cigs and vaping are the same situation. Vaping is what you do off of an e-cig. You'll also hear terms like e-hookahs, PV (personal vaporizers), and "electronic smoking devices" (something people don't really like them being called, since smoking isn't a part of it). There is a ton of overwhelming terminology in the field, but more times than not people will clarify.

Welcome to the rest of your life! :) Oh, and the forum!

What starter kit did you start off on? :) Always curious!

Edit: Oh, I remember from the battery forum! >.< Sorry. Still have tobacco brain sometimes.

Edited by BarbieVapor

E-cigs and vaping are the same situation. Vaping is what you do off of an e-cig. You'll also hear terms like e-hookahs, PV (personal vaporizers), and "electronic smoking devices" (something people don't really like them being called, since smoking isn't a part of it). There is a ton of overwhelming terminology in the field, but more times than not people will clarify.

Welcome to the rest of your life! :) Oh, and the forum!

What starter kit did you start off on? :) Always curious!

Edit: Oh, I remember from the battery forum! >.< Sorry. Still have tobacco brain sometimes.

I started with an eGo-t thingy. for 12.99 off the internet. Then I bought a Venus for 16.99. Then I bought a Total Vapor battery for 30.00. I am thinking I need to upgrade :dizzy:. Any suggestions?

You can upgrade to a lot of different things. I always suggest that once you get comfortable and tolerable with those basic devices, to try out an MVP V2 or a VAMO. Right now, 101vape.com has an amazing deal on the MVP V2 for only $40, compared to it's retail price which is normally $60-$70. So really great buy! Plus, it comes with it's own tank.

The cool think about these devices are that they're referred to as "mods", sometimes even APVs (Advanced Personalized Vaporizors). They have variable wattage and volt which is really fun to play with to enhance flavor.

The MVP V2 is a pass-through device. The entire device is the battery, you plug the entire thing into the charger, much like the eGo-T. It's also referred to as a "box mod". So it's a pretty different ballgame and taste all together, but a pretty solid device. Basically, whenever someone wants to upgrade, they typically upgrade to a mod, and it's typically either the VAMO (there is a V5 version out now... I believe), or the MVP.

What you're going to be getting out of both of these devices is customization, personal preference, a chance to dabble with different settings, tanks, and ohms (the coil size/spacing/resistance) on your coil systems (tanks, cartomizers, ect). Not to mention quite an extended battery life!

Both are great devices, and I haven't heard many complaints from either two device-users. But these will get your foot into the door to the "bigger" world of vaping and a custom vape.

Plus, they have some really neat cosmetic skinz that can provoke some good conversations and set a trend of style. VaporSkinz.com is where I go to get mine. But that isn't required to operate the mod. Just makes it look pretty. :)

GrimmGreen does a beautiful job at reviewing the MVP V2 and VAMO, and so does VapingCookie. (Youtube users)

Just depends on if you want to:

-Purchase separate batteries or charge the whole system

-Carry a "box"-shaped device, or a thicker, more rounder device

Edited by BarbieVapor

The cool think about these devices are that they're referred to as "mods", sometimes even APVs (Advanced Personalized Vaporizors). They have variable wattage and volt which is really fun to play with to enhance

Okay Barbie, you have you acronyms mixed up, along with some other stuff, but let's start here.

A "Mod" is a battery compartment, and a firing button. No bells, whistles, adjustments, nothing...it's old school verbage when someone would modify a flashlight into a "Mod" think Silver Bullet, Chi Yu, Magneto etc...

MVPs, Vamos, Evics, VTRs, etc are all APVs VV,VW, ohm checkers, battery indicators are all part of an "Advanced Personal Vaporizer"

You can upgrade to a lot of different things. I always suggest that once you get comfortable and tolerable with those basic devices, to try out an MVP V2 or a VAMO. Right now, 101vape.com has an amazing deal on the MVP V2 for only $40, compared to it's retail price which is normally $60-$70. So really great buy! Plus, it comes with it's own tank.

The cool think about these devices are that they're referred to as "mods", sometimes even APVs (Advanced Personalized Vaporizors). They have variable wattage and volt which is really fun to play with to enhance flavor.

The MVP V2 is a pass-through device. The entire device is the battery, you plug the entire thing into the charger, much like the eGo-T. It's also referred to as a "box mod". So it's a pretty different ballgame and taste all together, but a pretty solid device. Basically, whenever someone wants to upgrade, they typically upgrade to a mod, and it's typically either the VAMO (there is a V5 version out now... I believe), or the MVP.

What you're going to be getting out of both of these devices is customization, personal preference, a chance to dabble with different settings, tanks, and ohms (the coil size/spacing/resistance) on your coil systems (tanks, cartomizers, ect). Not to mention quite an extended battery life!

Both are great devices, and I haven't heard many complaints from either two device-users. But these will get your foot into the door to the "bigger" world of vaping and a custom vape.

Plus, they have some really neat cosmetic skinz that can provoke some good conversations and set a trend of style. VaporSkinz.com is where I go to get mine. But that isn't required to operate the mod. Just makes it look pretty. :)

GrimmGreen does a beautiful job at reviewing the MVP V2 and VAMO, and so does VapingCookie. (Youtube users)

Just depends on if you want to:

-Purchase separate batteries or charge the whole system

-Carry a "box"-shaped device, or a thicker, more rounder device

Barbie, MVP doesn't come with it's own tank, it has a built in battery, though. Which means, basically just for those couple hours the MVP is charging, you need to have a back up, like your original eGo battery.

I like the MVP for the shape.....I don't like the built in battery, which, if I had more cash, I'd buy a VTR, which is the same company as the MVP, but allows you to have your own battery. Coast2Coast currently has them for about $80 (their MVP price is $50), but doesn't include the 18650 batteries (about $12 each depending on where you order them from) or the charger (again, prices vary).

The thing I like about BOTH of those is the box shape - therefore, it won't roll off whatever surface I put it on. But there are other popular APVs out there, too. Tesla, SID, SVD, Evic to name a few. Each have their loyal fan base.

If you are thinking of upgrading, I would check out Grimm Green's reviews on you tube and the reviews on tasteyourjuice.com . Tasteyourjuice.com pretty much made up my mind for me last time. And do LOTS of research!

Barbie, MVP doesn't come with it's own tank, it has a built in battery, though. Which means, basically just for those couple hours the MVP is charging, you need to have a back up, like your original eGo battery.

I like the MVP for the shape.....I don't like the built in battery, which, if I had more cash, I'd buy a VTR, which is the same company as the MVP, but allows you to have your own battery. Coast2Coast currently has them for about $80 (their MVP price is $50), but doesn't include the 18650 batteries (about $12 each depending on where you order them from) or the charger (again, prices vary).

The thing I like about BOTH of those is the box shape - therefore, it won't roll off whatever surface I put it on. But there are other popular APVs out there, too. Tesla, SID, SVD, Evic to name a few. Each have their loyal fan base.

If you are thinking of upgrading, I would check out Grimm Green's reviews on you tube and the reviews on tasteyourjuice.com . Tasteyourjuice.com pretty much made up my mind for me last time. And do LOTS of research!

I have been doing lots of research! I am just like that. I do not want to waste my money on something I will not like. I do like a strong TH, I am finding out. I am not sure if that comes form the juice or the unit.

TH comes from 3 sources:

1) flavoring

2) pg/vg mix ratio of the juice

3) volume of vapor

Juice delivers 1 & 2

Device , #3

Some flavors hit more than others. Higher pg percentage generally gives a stronger hit. Volume of vapor adds to the mix. There's some experimentation involved. That's half the fun of vaping. :)

#4 carries the most TH for me....

What I am vaping right now, the bottle says 2.4mg Plus and it also says 1% ejuice? brand is Formula 51. I am not sure why the 2.4 because I have some other juice that I have the bottle says 18mg? not 1.8 mg? it is Vape on Brand.....Very confusing

I can get a nice TH on the first draw (not sure of the right lingo) and then it is hit or miss after that. I guess it takes practice.

What I am vaping right now, the bottle says 2.4mg Plus and it also says 1% ejuice? brand is Formula 51. I am not sure why the 2.4 because I have some other juice that I have the bottle says 18mg? not 1.8 mg? it is Vape on Brand.....Very confusing

I can get a nice TH on the first draw (not sure of the right lingo) and then it is hit or miss after that. I guess it takes practice.

Well, I am also learning that some juices taste like poopoo.....could you shed some like on some better brands or should I go to the ejuice part of this forum...probably..I guess I answered my own question..but it seems mostly about making your own which I am not interested in, got horses, granddaughters and full time job and now another full time job switching out batteries and juggling ecigs, lol

There's a DIY section, and an ejuice review section...read there...taste is so subjective, what tastes good to one might not another..there is a lot of juice out there, and a lot of folks jumping on the profit wagon so be careful. Don't buy at a gas station or cigarette store. Dint buy anything made in China....We all have our favorites. Mine is ECBlends, Vaportalk store is a great place for juice too..