Possible clogged up KPT2?

Posting it here because this is the only place I can think of to post it. I have my RY4 - great juice, nice and sweet, when I'm in the mood for it, which is usually in the evening - in a KPT2. Well, yesterday, I noticed it had a REALLY tight draw, and diminished flavor. Changed the coil, and it made all the difference in the world as far as flavor. But the draw is REALLY tight, like sucking a shake through a straw tight. Air holes seem to be open, so what could the problem be?

EDIT: Also, can't screw it down all the way or I won't get air at all, even with the ring on.

Edited by spydre

The rubber grommet at the bottom where the connection pin fits into the coil head is compressing and cutting off the air flow. I had this happen once and just changing out the coil did the trick. Not sure why the new coil is also doing it. Try pulling the connection pin out a bit and reattaching it to your unit.

Tried that, no dice. But I started playing with it this morning, seeing if I had the bottom plate screwed on too tightly, or if the coil was even screwed in too tightly, it wasn't firing, and then it was BARELY firing. So I tried a couple of different coils out on it (used, because I didn't want to waste a brand spanking new coil if that wasn't the problem). Sure enough, it was the freaking coil. Brand new coil out of the package did that. I'm a bit.......ticked.

You might possibly have a burr or foreign matter of some kind in the pin. Couldn't hurt to pull the pin and use a needle to free it up.

If that's it, then that's the issue on two different coils - after I took the brand new coil out (the problem started after I put the brand new out of the package coil in), I tried two different used coils. One of them had the same issue, so I'm assuming I had taken it out of something as bad, and instead of throwing it away, it got put in my vodka group, soaked, rinsed, and put in my re-use pile. The next used coil I tried works.

The upper ring on my pro tank one came loose and theres no way to put it back so I went and got the pro tank two and since I got it iv had nothing but issues. The draw is obscenely tight and gurgly. When I take a drag the juice pops and I get juice in my mouth. I thought mayb the coil I had was the issue so i swapped it out and the issues continued. Someone told me to blow out the tank so I did. It did help one issues, the flooding and gurgling stopped but the draw is still to tight and im still getting then popping (not as frequent but once in a while). Dont worry your not the only kne having issues with the pro tank 2

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have not had any problem with my KPT 2s and I got 4, one of each color, at the same time from the same place. I might be wrong but I have found that where I purchase items makes all the difference in the world if I have problems with things. I have never had a problem with anything I bought at Sweet Vapes. Many times I ventured off to different sites because they were cheaper but ended up having problems with what I bought. Just a thought. :hope:

The upper ring on my pro tank one came loose and theres no way to put it back so I went and got the pro tank two and since I got it iv had nothing but issues. The draw is obscenely tight and gurgly. When I take a drag the juice pops and I get juice in my mouth. I thought mayb the coil I had was the issue so i swapped it out and the issues continued. Someone told me to blow out the tank so I did. It did help one issues, the flooding and gurgling stopped but the draw is still to tight and im still getting then popping (not as frequent but once in a while). Dont worry your not the only kne having issues with the pro tank 2

The thing is, this tank worked flawlessly for months. But, like I said, different coil, problem went away. With your KPT2, I would ditch the coils that it came with, just to be on the safe side. Some of our members have had issues with the coils that come with it, but not other Kanger coils.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have not had any problem with my KPT 2s and I got 4, one of each color, at the same time from the same place. I might be wrong but I have found that where I purchase items makes all the difference in the world if I have problems with things. I have never had a problem with anything I bought at Sweet Vapes. Many times I ventured off to different sites because they were cheaper but ended up having problems with what I bought. Just a thought. :hope:

Same here...over a dozen KTP 1,2 and 3s, and have only had a problem with a V1 (bad oring on the base) past that flawless..try and figure out what you are doing wrong...

Well, the issue seems to be solved for now. Now I just need to worry about the one that seems to be blowing coils every few days.....maybe I just got a pack of bad coils, because they've all been brand new, out of the same pack (the same pack as the one that caused this problem). I guess I'll try a used coil from my pile today, see how that works, but if my used coils continue to be "too used", I can see myself running out of, at least, the 2.5 coils. I'd rather not get into the 1.8 coils while I don't have vw back yet, but we'll see. I should make it through the month. I've just not had luck with coils this month, I guess.

Pretty sure I need to be careful of how many tanks I empty and have to clean with vodka, too. Not much vodka left (it's lasted for three months, I can't complain) and with being birthday/Christmas month, even a $5 bottle of vodka with our budget stretched is too much.

Edited by spydre

The thing is, this tank worked flawlessly for months. But, like I said, different coil, problem went away. With your KPT2, I would ditch the coils that it came with, just to be on the safe side. Some of our members have had issues with the coils that come with it, but not other .

Members have had issues with davide coils, the ones that came with the KPT will be fine.....