SMOKTech SID

Hi Guys,

New member here and fairly new to vaping. I'm trying to upgrade from my initial Vision Spinner with something a bit more powerful and I believe I have settled on getting the SmokTech SID although the iTaste SVD and the Vamo V3 were close behind.

Anyways, I found a pretty good deal for the SmokTech SID at pandaecigs.but when I went to select it into the shopping cart I wasn't given a choice of color. Would the non choice of color bother anyone else? It seems silly for me to make a big deal about color but when I find the same device on myvaporstore.or smoktek I get the color option.

Is it valid for me to question why pandaecigs is not giving me choice? Is pandaecigs general a trusted vendor or should I be using myvaporstore.or smoktek or some place else?

Thank you.

I've got a Vamo V5, sigelei zmax, and a itaste SVD. The SVD gets all my vape time, all are good but I recommend the SVD. Just my opinion. ^_^

Dang you!! I thought I had my mind made up lol

What do you like so much about the SVD over the Vamo V5, zmax and Smoktech SID?

I noticed the SVD is quote a bit more expensive at least from what I see at myvaporstore.

What vendors do you tend to trust or not trust?

I've done business with myvaporstore and had positive experiences. For me not having a color option would be a problem because I know what I want. Just my two cents. :)

Thanks for the input on myvaporstore. I've only ordered hardware so far from smoktek and I have no complaints but a few sites might be just a tad cheaper.

Thanks for the input on myvaporstore. I've only ordered hardware so far from smoktek and I have no complaints but a few sites might be just a tad cheaper.

Just looked and myvaporstore's price is the same as pandaecig's at $46.95

Don't know if you're set on having something that's also variable wattage or not but the Kamry K100 mechanical is amazing! It gets more use from me than my Evic. :)

I just took a look at the Kamry k100, very neat looking!!!

I'm still pretty new to this but I thought most believed that VV was the superior way but as I can see from responses, everyone has a slightly different opinion.

I just took a look at the Kamry k100, very neat looking!!!

I'm still pretty new to this but I thought most believed that VV was the superior way but as I can see from responses, everyone has a slightly different opinion.

There are so many different mods and everyone has their own preferences. Some swear by mechanicals, some by mechanicals with a kick, some must have variable wattage, etc. I, too, thought that variable wattage must be superior until I got my Evic. Color me unimpressed. Of course, it could be that I just haven't found the right setting for it yet. So far my mechanical K100 kicks @$$ compared to the much more expensive Evic, though. I also have an Innokin iTaste VTR on order so I'm hoping that will change my mind. :)

There are so many different mods and everyone has their own preferences. Some swear by mechanicals, some by mechanicals with a kick, some must have variable wattage, etc. I, too, thought that variable wattage must be superior until I got my Evic. Color me unimpressed. Of course, it could be that I just haven't found the right setting for it yet. So far my mechanical K100 kicks @$$ compared to the much more expensive Evic, though. I also have an Innokin iTaste VTR on order so I'm hoping that will change my mind. :)

I watched a few videos by that grimmgreen dude and I was surprised to see his preference for mechanicals and he uses that kick you speak of. Are you forced to drip with mechanicals?

I watched a few videos by that grimmgreen dude and I was surprised to see his preference for mechanicals and he uses that kick you speak of. Are you forced to drip with mechanicals?

Nope. I use the Kangor Pro Tank 2 with my K100. The Anyvape Davide also works nicely with it. I prefer to direct drip with my Vision Spinners. :)

Dang you!! I thought I had my mind made up lol 

What do you like so much about the SVD over the Vamo V5, zmax and Smoktech SID?

I noticed the SVD is quote a bit more expensive at least from what I see at myvaporstore.

What vendors do you tend to trust or not trust? 

Just seemed like the other mods are built pretty much the same, they are good and you wouldn't be going wrong if you bought one. I was just really impressed with my SVD. As far as vendors go, any if the names you see floating around here are going to be acceptable, price is what it came down to for me and ordered mine from fast tech. Only problem with that us it'll take a few weeks to arrive.

What makes your Vamo a better APV in your opinion? Better performance?

I like the way the Vamo feels in my hand no issues with tanks not fitting just right. Treads are cleaner, Feels like a more durable unit, All my batts fit in the tube.

The SID has issues with any of the Efeast over 1500mah. drops connection frequently, made of aluminum so it seems less durable. Some tanks move back an forth in the threads. Seems to give less vapor than the Vamo on the same setting.

Edited by Compenstine

I like the way the Vamo feels in my hand no issues with tanks not fitting just right. Treads are cleaner, Feels like a more durable unit, All my batts fit in the tube.

The SID has issues with any of the Efeast over 1500mah. drops connection frequently, made of aluminum so it seems less durable. Some tanks move back an forth in the threads. Seems to give less vapor than the Vamo on the same setting.

Interesting. I was almost ready to send my order but maybe I need to reconsider for a day to check out the Vamo. Is the Vamo huge like the SID?

Since you said you already have a Vision Spinner, what kind of clearomizer are you using with it? Other questions I have for you in order to possibly help you get off analogs are:

What nicotine level are you using in your juices?

PG/VG ratio in the juices?

What ohm coil are you using in your clearomizer/tanks?

You may already have most of what you need to get off analogs for good, you might just need to tweak it a bit (with very little cost involved) in order for it to work.