RN4081 pros and cons ?

M873240

Hi !

I'm new to the eCig world, and right now I'm using a generic RN4081 slim ecig (the "regular" design, not an eGo).

I see that the most common models for this design are 510 and 808,

Does anybody knows whats the pros and cons for the 4081 model? do you recommend me to stick with it or switch to one of the other two?

Thanks.

Thanks for all your replies,

I don't mind that this model is "old", I'm sure there was 808 and 510s back then, but I'm still interested in the advantages and disadvantages of 4081 compare to other similar style models...

Is anybody knows something about that?

Thanks again!

The advantage would be that if it works to keep you off the cigs then thats great. Go for it. The disadvatages would be lack of availability of other juice delivery systems which almost all use 510 or eGo threading.

Aaaah, that's way before my time then. :D

Mine, too.

12486180690.jpg

So old cigalikes, right?

Yeah I used to direct drip with em 4 years ago

Really? How could you DD with that? I mean, I'm looking, I just don't see how it could be done.

"Back in the day" RN4081's had the most durable and flavorful atty and carto coils.

The trouble was that the threads were so odd that no one made new and improved

goodys to go with them,so now they are just old skool cigalikes that haven't kept up with the market.

Pros=good flavor and vapor for the size and fairly durable.Nice if you want to stay with a cig sized unit.

Cons=poor batt life because they are so small,DD is a pain due to not having any sealed manual

batts so the autos end up clogged up.No tanks or other upgrades that I know of.

Price isn't on par with the 808 style and isn't as easy to find replacement parts.

HTH

Edited by joe2003

What was that atomizer? The 306? It had the 510 connection but had that same cartridge top. I can't remember who the modder was, but he came up with a drip tip for those. I think they called it the cannon. I still have one of those drip tips somewhere.

What was that atomizer? The 306? It had the 510 connection but had that same cartridge top. I can't remember who the modder was, but he came up with a drip tip for those. I think they called it the cannon. I still have one of those drip tips somewhere.

I've got an extra long drip tip that looks like a cannon and I use it when I use the 306 atomizer. Lol! :)

I've got an extra long drip tip that looks like a cannon and I use it when I use the 306 atomizer. Lol! :)

I actually had a bunch of those and used them for quite awhile. But then I started using cartomizers and my interest faded along with direct dripping.

The advantage would be that if it works to keep you off the cigs then thats great. Go for it. The disadvatages would be lack of availability of other juice delivery systems which almost all use 510 or eGo threading.

Not necessarily, just takes the right adapter. ;)

112 Batt RSST 1.1ohm twisted coil

gallery_1116_216_6919.jpg

401 Batt RSST 1.1ohm twisted coil

gallery_1116_216_85195.jpg

510 Batt RSST 1.1ohm twisted coil

gallery_1116_216_94892.jpg

901 Batt RSST 1.1ohm twisted coil

gallery_1116_216_105090.jpg

Sorry about the dirty nails ewww LOL

You can get some cartomizers here.

http://www.madvapes.com/smok-tech-17-ohm-rn4081-cartomizers.html

Some made by Boge.

http://www.avidvaper.com/products/Boge-Blank-RN4081-Soft-Tip-Cartomizers.html

They were originally made by First Union and were some of the most durable atomizers made. But quality control plagued them later on. Their ecigar was also quite popular. Who makes them now is anybody's guess.

75d1233141667-bf402400-9954-4dda-9f8a-f2