TEMCO Resistance Wire on sale

Compenstine

30 is a good size for most any coil as Proetus said. I bought 32,30,28 in both Kanthal and Nicro. I also grabbed some flat Kanthal to try that out.

Proetus, what do you think of the Nicro wire...? Is it better than Kanthal or just don't make a difference....

Yes but unless your palnning on doing some fancy builds, micro coils and such, I would go with a 500 foot 30 gauge and only 100 to 250 feet of the 28ga. 30 and 32 ga work best in the pro tanks. The 28 is a little thick and you need a good 12 wraps to get your resistance right. Coils that size won't fit in a Pro Tank.

Edited by Compenstine

Yes but unless your palnning on doing some fancy builds, micro coils and such, I would go with a 500 foot 30 gauge and only 100 to 250 feet of the 28ga

The 28 ga is the one that would be better to build micro coils because it's thicker, right?

ETA: Okay, 500 ft of the 30 for now. Thank you both for the recs. :)

Edited by Tameiki

Yes the 28 is better for micros. I just built a coil 12 wraps twisted 28 gauge it is 1.1ohms

Thanks for the heads up on the sale, Compenstine. I think I'll work on rebuilding KPT coils for now so I got the 30 gauge. Will try the micro coils after I master the rebuilds first. :)

Welcome Tam, When I saw the sale I knew people would want to know. ;) Yeah get some practice in first you'll build better coils in the long run that way and find that after a while you have little waste.

Edit This is what I grabbed, should be enough to keep me in coils for a few years LOL

Nichrome Wire 32 Gauge RW0028 - 100 FT 0.29oz Series 60 Resistance AWG
Flat Ribbon Kanthal Wire RW0324 - 0.5 x 0.1 mm (0.197 x 0.004 in) 100 FT 0.36oz Series A-1 Resistance
Kanthal Wire 32 Gauge RW0099 - 500 FT 1.24oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG
Kanthal Wire 30 Gauge RW0109 - 500 FT 1.93oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG
Kanthal Wire 28 Gauge RW0120 - 500 FT 3.07oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

Edited by Compenstine

• 2 weeks later...